Bravo Mr. Trump

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Oct 12, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not to mention that part of the reason I am the way I am is because I am not able to be as active as I once was. Takes most of what I have in the tank to work & provide for my family so others don't have to take on that responsibility. That's not a snide remark. It's just my personal pride & feeling of responsibily as a husband and father as I see them.

But it really is ok.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You are right, I don't know anyone with MS that controlled their diet, lost weight, and started doing better in years.

Probably dreamed the whole thing.

3. CardinalVol

To the original premise - no I do not expect mandatory subsidizing of my health by others if it is needed. Maybe it will or won't bite me, but that's how I view it. And for the record the wife has a dormant pre existing condition that could bite us at any time.

4. JayVols

I pray that neither you nor your family get bit. But if you do, I'd be happy for some of my money, tax dollars or whatever going to subsidies to help you get whatever care you need to live the best life you possibly can. That's how I view it.

5. JayVols

Know anyone that regrew myelin by controlling their diet? If so, please give me more information. I'd appreciate that.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Boy, breaking medical news here.

7. CardinalVol

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The health insurance industry is way over my head and I really don't have the first clue how to balance costs, quality, and accessibility, but it would be foolish to dismiss this as at least a cause for concern.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There was a guy in Germany that had a whole clinic based on diet and metabolism affecting MS. Supposedly worked miracles. A lot of people said he was a quack.

10. JayVols

Thanks. I'm aware of claims of diet to help symptoms. I was looking more for help in dealing with loss of function and what my costly meds do, prevent future loss of function. I already do the high Omega 3 doses in my diet and incorporate 2000 international units of vitamin D daily. Outside of pizza, I do pretty good at avoiding saturated fats. My triglycerides (measure of fat in the blood) run between 45 & 65. Seriously. Normal levels are 150 & below. My cholesterol levels have never been above 165 in my life. And that was pre-MS.

Having said that, from the *MS Society site and information you linked.

I really do appreciate the attempt to help. No sarcasm whatsoever. But I don't see any information or studies that have proven diet improves MS symptoms.

*Being a former keynote speaker for the MS Society's national conference in 2010 held annually in Chicago, I have better than decent connections with the MS Society.

11. CardinalVol

Will just keep mouth shut.

Good days sirs.

12. JayVols

Have a Gruden. Be safe on your trip home.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're a far better person than me, Jay.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm not sure that risk sharing fixes everything (or even half of everything) that is broken about our healthcare system. But I'll just say that it sucks enough to be diseased or injured as it is. Why do we as a society want illness to be a ticket to poverty when we don't have to?

15. JayVols

I'm a deeply flawed person that's just trying to do better while speaking to what I unwaiveringly believe in my heart is the right/moral/and I'd even say Christian thing to do that will be in everyone's best interest in the long term.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hopefully you're doing well Jay.

17. JayVols

I'm holding my own, my man. Thanks.

18. JayVols

In a vaccuum, where we all were completely isolated from the decisions/conditions of others, I wouldn't care about this nearly as much. We aren't in a vaccuum, and we are all effected by the health of others, bad choices or through no fault of their own, because health insurance companies and healthcare facilities that will spread losses out to everyone in the form of higher costs.

The way I see it, we are all one big tangled mess in this one whether we like it or not. When people with low cost plans that have little coverage or even no coverage seek necessary care, the out of pocket bill will be insurmountable in too many cases. The failure to pay those bills will hit everyone. Hard. The companies aren't going to take the loss.

Side note: I pay more because I dip. I have no problem with that. In fact, it's right & proper because I choose to do it.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not sure that the broader pool containing high risk people is really driving the price. That's been happening since way before Obamacare and is apparently due to a myriad of things that still go unaddressed.

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

This seems like an incredibly insensitive thing to say. Incredibly. This coming from someone who can be really insensitive.