Bray rumors heating up

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Dec 31, 2011.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I agree what the poster earlier said about Dooley being an enabler. Not that Dooley can stop his players from smoking bud, and not that I personally care because that would be hypocritical of me to critize them, but the entire culture he has created is a dumpster fire. Academics probably aren't a focal point for this regime, because I had class with a few notable players that I know for a fact performed extremely poorly. I am sure our overall GPA is embarrassing.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I would find it troubling if grad assistants, professors, or folks at the Thornton Center were going around talking openly about this sort of thing.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It is exceedingly rare that players leave because of academic considerations alone. In fact, it is almost impossible to get kicked off a team for academics without some other factor at play. They use the Spring and Summer to get eligible for the Fall and then complete 6 hours in the Fall to be eligible for the bowl game.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's so in-your-face it is impossible to hide. See the poster above.

Oh, and you're naive if you think it doesn't happen to some degree.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You aren't getting the scope of the issue.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm not naive and I have seen it happen. But just because athletes give up their FERPA rights in one sense doesn't mean academics should go around airing student's academic laundry. It's bush-league.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm curious. PM me what I am missing here.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nah, I better not. Perhaps I have said too much. I'm just going to shut up now.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

While I agree, some are just too blatant not to see.

Morley failed a bowling class. A bowling class! There are guys on the team now that are on that level of not caring.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A coach that is learning on the job may not be on top of things like this.

Dooley has failed in nearly every other facet of his job. I don't have faith in him knowing how to handle academics

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This guy is in so far over his head it's ridiculous. He is leading in the worst coach in Tennessee's history competition, imo. It's laughable at this point at the level of incompetence Dooley has displayed if these rumors are true. I'm beyond disgusted.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If it involves a test he may be in trouble according to IP,

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Who's blaming Dooley for Bray smoking pot?

I'm talking about the academic side. Part of it is making sure the players take what they need either in the spring or the summer so they can pretty much coast in the fall. That falls directly on the man in charge.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

A mid-termer that enrolled in January could very well have 40 or 45 credits by now between the three summer schools and Spring and Fall semester.

15. JayVols

I was speaking more to the grades rumor.

16. JayVols

And I was commenting on the rumored grades fiasco.

17. If Dooley spent half as much time paying attention to coaching, players, and correcting known problems, as he does making excuses and proving to the world that he is in charge. We might have a semi-competitive football team.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Keeping score is hard.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Thank got for automated scoring systems.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He's from Cali. of course he is smoking.