Bribery in College Admissions

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by RockyHill, Mar 12, 2019.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I love Vanderbeek

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Now that’s funny

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

This. They unnecessarily killed athletics while trying to make the school ranked higher academically. Many other schools, UF being one of them, has been successful at both.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I know some really good people that came through there, but they were people that would have done really well going through any school. They all said it was a racket and super expensive and regretted it.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It's in Florida? I don't like it

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

In Playboy and everything

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

when i was in HS USC had problems filling their freshman class and was for dumb rich kids who couldn't get into anywhere else. to imagine people paying $500k to get in now blows my mind. it's amazing what manipulating the US news and world report ratings will do for a school.

justingroves and lylsmorr like this.
  8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

After very little thought about this, I can't figure out if there is any way I could care less.

warhammer likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Aunt Becky's daughter was at a party on the USC chairman of trustees' yacht when the story broke. Can't make this stuff up.

Also, hearing Meghan McCain offer a take about it being unfair to criticize legacy admissions is, uh, it's just too much. Not a believable plot item. And yet, here we are.

The universe surely must be some sort of simulation or hologram.

RockyHill likes this.
  10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It really is peak USC.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

all the buying of professors and us news and world report rankings can't not make USC, USC. it's in their blood.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Not to mention giving football players parents a rent free mansion during his time at the school

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

IP and Volst53 like this.