Bring Me The Head Of...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 16, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Petrino's best sec finish is 3rd in his division. He's also going to leave you a lot worse than he found you

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

At this point it is haRd to disagree with anyone new

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Maybe after Kiffin left on Cutcliffe but not now. We'd have several East titles since 2010, and the UF streak would have ended much sooner had he been the coach, and while I'm not sure about the Bama rivalry we'd at least be respectable again playing them.

5. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Is there really any doubt that even if Butch is fired this that we won't hire a bargain bin up and comer?

I have almost 0 faith in us doing otherwise.

6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Maybe, but the 2 or 3 days where anything can happen, all the speculation and excitement...best 3 days every 5 yrs of Tennessee football.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I would at least like to see Currie get a chance to make a hire. And the sooner we know that he'll get the opportunity to do that, the better it will be for all of us.

8. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

This is the funniest and most depressing thing I have on here read all night.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What has Fuente or Fleck won?

We are no longer in a position to hire yet another up-and-comer.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This. He's Butch Lite.

11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Mullen has really only had 3 good seasons at MSU with this presumably being his 4th in 9 years. I know he has been in the loaded SECW, but he has had some bad flops at times.

Fuente is a different cat from what I have heard. Sounds like he might be a Beamer type in that he could content staying in Blacksburg for a long time.

Gruden and Kelly would be 1a and 1b for me. I would pay either whatever price they desired. Stoops would probably be my next guy up. If they go up an comer outside of Fuente, I think Brohm/Fleck/Fuente (Would Brohm and Fleck leave 1 year in?) would be preferred. My fear is that we would hire Frank Wilson.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The last two hires weren't good enough to be considered up and comers, so it's likely that the next guy will be some bargain bin scrub from a shitty conference.

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Patterson has been the guy since 2008 for me.

14. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

Our next HC is already on the sideline... Brady Hoke.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the interim

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's a heck of a good year to hire a football coach for the AD who acts quickly and decisively. Not many years when there are a Stoops and a Kelly sitting out.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. He who hesitates is lost. Fortune favors the bold.

Butch and our AD live by the motto "whatever".

18. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

I know nothing about John Currie. Will he go after big names?

19. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Bob Stoops
    Chip Kelly
    Dan Mullen

I'd love Gruden but the guy has no pressure and unlimited access to all the football he could want, pro and college, and is making a shit ton of money doing it.

If there's a better gig than that, keep it to yourself because that's a gold mine.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm not saying we should hire him but I actually believe that's his real personality and butch is just a front to act the part.

Michael Abrashoff that turned one of the worst navy ships to one of the best is extremely high on him.