Brussels terror attack

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Savage Orange, Mar 22, 2016.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I was not able to read all that as I fell asleep for about 30 minutes in between starting my post and finishing it. I spent most of the night with an earache, and had just spent about five ours clearing brush. Whatever, if they would limit their violence to themselves, that would be fine with me. I still stand on my statement that Isis is not the only problematic entity associated with Islam.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A shit ton of them do encourage violence to a much lesser degree. There are quite a few in Europe that would love to see the women walking around with their hair exposed beaten within an inch of their lives.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Of course I can, if I am.... As long as I've been here at the 8th I have readily admitted when I have been mistaken. I do feel like the media goes out of its way to avoid calling a given attack "Islamic terrorism" until they just have to, and lip service from CAIR doesn't really impress me when other times they have gotten their noses out of joint at the mere suggestion that Islam as a whole has a serious identity crisis. When Muslims around the world loudly demonstrate in the streets to support attacks like 9/11 I have a hard time taking lukewarm repudiations seriously.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That's quite a mischaracterization of the response to 9/11 in the Muslim world. Celebrations were extremely limited and the only report I've heard is a small one in Palestine. On the other hand, there were massive vigils in places like Iran. Hell, Hezbollah, Hamas and the Taliban condemned the attacks, no less.

There's always a long list of Muslim organizations that condemn terrorist acts each time, but they don't get much publicity and it's not because they are lukewarm responses.

http://web.archive.org/web/20101115094604/http://www.time.com/time/europe/photoessays/vigil/2.html

5. Savage Orange

All that said, I just spent a few minutes googling things like "mainstream Muslim support of terrorism" and "Muslims denounce terror attacks".... It does appear that much goes unreported, so I see that there is not a wholesale silence. I also see that just north of 10% of people identifying as Muslims support the radical factions and their interpretation of the Qu'ran.... That leaves about 65% who vehemently oppose radicalism and the rest apparently don't have an opinion one way or another. I stand corrected. I still say the media sucks.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Trump won't.

Can't speak for the rest, as I don't know their positions. Not that it matters, because then-candidate Obama would have never advocated for bringing them here, either, and he did.

7. Tenacious D

Killing them, and anyone who aides them, would help immensely.

My $.02

8. Tenacious D

These groups will wise up and begin doing their damage at the ballot box.

The British and German landscapes will be completely changed in 2-3 generations.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Welcome in who? Muslim extremists? No, we don't and our screening system is way more stringent than those in Europe, which has not changed under Obama. Or, are you saying that Trump just wouldn't allow Muslims into America?

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

A Christian kills over 100 people and goes back home; do Christians hide him?

11. Savage Orange

Eric Rudolph almost certainly had help while he was hiding out after the abortion clinic bombing... It's not exactly the same thing I know, but....

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

According to his writings to his mother, he did not.

13. Savage Orange

Maybe not, idk. Seems like he'd have had to have SOME help... Of course, he got busted dumpster diving though iirc so maybe not. I doubt he'd tell anybody (even his own mother!) if he did, not wanting to cheese anybody out.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

From what I read there were people in the town who were not interested in looking for him real hard, or did not pay much attention to the stranger in town, or who were not concerned when vegetables disappeared from their garden.

Seems to have been more ambivalence than aid.

15. Savage Orange

I can buy that. Folks don't want to get involved, especially where the Feds are sniffing around.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's one.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I wanted to get cheeky, I'd bring up the folks who killed Iraqi civilians and weren't sent to Iraqi courts.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't they all Agnostics?

19. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Not Stringent enough. If DHS were allowed to view social media as a means of screening, the San Bernadino shooting could have been averted. The female Jihadist would have stayed in Pakistan.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

American Airlines targeted in a terrorist attack. Americans injured, missing, and possibly dead.

What does Obama do:

[​IMG]