Butch and recruiting

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Feb 2, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch said that they had to turn away some talented players due to academics.

Of the 13 decommits, the Gaddy twins ended up at Maryland, Tucker, Riley and Cotman ended up at UNC, Higgins and Johnson ended up at Clemson, Tre Lawson at FSU, K.D. Nixon at Colorado, CJ Lewis at Boston College, Henderson to Georgia Tech, Burnham to Indiana and Chase Rogers at Louisiana-Lafayette.

Burnham, CJ Lewis and Rogers appears to have been mutual parting of ways. I don't see many academic risks among the other decommitments.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2017/02/02/where-former-vol-commits-landed-in-2017-recruiting-cycle/

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They were academic risks because they took Jones' "let me educate you" and told him to shove it up his ass.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Some great quotes here

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/butch-jones-downplays-decommitments-declares-tennessee-back

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Is this a type of deflection and manipulation, or does he really believe this stuff? Both are bad scenarios, but the latter is much more concerning.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Who at UT is going to tap this mother****er on the shoulder and let him know that "back" means "SEC champs."

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I really hope he doesn't believe it, but I think he thinks he's doing a fantastic job.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shit, at least win the division

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think he believes it, but I think he's also trying to sell the idea that the 10 years previous to his arrival was the history of Tennessee Football.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And he is very wrong

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wouldn't say shit if we at least won the division, even if I disagreed. This is just dumb.

12. NorrisAlan

**** you, Jones. All I have to say.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's nice to see us all come together

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Problem is that too many fans see it that way, too.

15. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

from Volnation:

Only 5-star competitors with 5-star hearts can be Champions of Life.

....shit just never ends.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Great. Now everyone can make fun of us for the next month or so about "5 star heart".

17. NorrisAlan

He has made me ashamed to wear my UT gear. Even ddiapos didn't do that.

18. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

It'll be at least another five or so years before Lyle is able to accumulate top notch "heart" talent.

19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think he made a huge miscalculation when he took this job thinking that because of 2008-2012 UT fans would be grateful for 9 win seasons again.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The majority are thrilled with 9 win seasons.