Butch Gets One More Year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Sep 12, 2015.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes. Respectability nationally, which matters, was in the line tonight. We were embarrassed. I can't imagine anyone believes we're worth killing now. Beating a garbage UF team in a crap half of the conference is meaningless.

This guy couldn't coach then and can't coach now. It isn't changing.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Should be expected to win that. I don't care what UF did five or ten years ago.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

On the board, yes. Tennessee, on paper, could win 8 of the next 10.

I don't think Butch can do it

4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Beating them doesn't tell me he's a good coach. But losing again to them again will tell me he's a dud. That's the point j think he's trying to get across...which I think is reasonable.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If Butch goes to the swamp and manages to suck less than Florida and ends the streak, the Orange Overall portion of the fanbase will be ready to give him a lifetime contract.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

We shall see. I am trying to remain optimistic to deal with the insanity that was tonight.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yup.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The man clearly can't coach. He needs to be gone.

9. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

After seeing the rest of the east and Arkansas today, 7-5 is a colossal failure should we finish with that record. Good lord I am pissed, and I've told myself all week to be ready for a close loss.

10. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Why the hell would him beating a dog shit team breaking in a new coach make you feel better about that idiot being the coach at Tennessee? That's just stupid.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I could have handled a hard fought, close loss. We had our foot on their throats in the second quarter and managed to **** it up.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Exactly.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's no reason Tennessee doesn't win by 3 scores

14. Beechervol

I did that after UF 2014.

No mas.

Maybe I'm just a game ahead of you.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Yes there is. He helps Farm Bureau Charlie build brick mailboxes.

16. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

I disagree:

1. Butch Jones.

17. Beechervol

They win by 2 scores by going Johnny Majors level conservative in the 3rd quarter with Hurd. OU gets at least 2 less possessions in the 4th.

Game Over!

18. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

We have a fairly significant portion of our fanbase who believe that butch is the best coach in the country after winning 6 games and the taxslayer bowl.

He is here for a while.

19. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

not sure about that. the other site has been ripping him. I went to see their reaction and was actually surprised

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Soak it all in, boys

@SDS Butch Jones is 1-17 against ranked teams. Tennessee has lost 28 of last 29 games against ranked opponents.