Butch Gets One More Year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Sep 12, 2015.

1. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Perhaps there is hope but I think he has at least 3 years barring consecutive 4 win seasins.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My God.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He's also now 13-2 when having the lead at halftime. Oh and 0-12 losing at halftime.

4. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

He also receives the dubious distinction of losing a 17 pt lead, worst in Neyland's history (previous was 16 back in '80 vs GA)

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Butch is getting killed on Twitter. He apparently just said that "its about playing for 60 minutes. We will work to correct it." He's a dead man walking. The fanbase is turning on him.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Unfortunately I fear that if we go beat Florida, it'll be full Orange glasses mode again for the majority.

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

A true coward weasel piece of trash.

9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I saw that too. Scrolled through the replies and not one was supportive of that shit head. A lot of "how about coaching for 30 minutes?" Folks trying to restore my faith in humanity.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Some of my favorite reactions I've seen:

No thanks. I do not desire to see any more players thrown under the big Orange energy bus. (in regards to watching Butch's show today)

I'll give Butch Jones credit for one thing. I've never heard a coach use analytics as an excuse before. It's football. Not rocket science.

Maybe (for once) you should consider the way the coaches "coach". Because last night....AWFUL PLAY CALLING. (in response to the "gotta play for 60 minutes" crap)

how about coaching for 60 minutes (same as above)

For Butch Jones, the honeymoon is officially over. Fans will never forget that one. #NoExcuse #Outcoached

The Butch Jones Show will make your hangover way worse.

@UTCoachJones why did the offense get so conservative when we got up 17?

why the hell is there a picture of Butch Jones beside the general? Did Neyland routinely throw players under the bus too?

Lemme watch this Butch Jones show and see if he is singing a different tune this morning....but I already know he won't

What's it feel like to get out coached? It will be everybody's fault but Butch.

It's Sunday. There will be plenty of proverbs, parables, and cliches

can't wait to see Butch blame everyone but himself

I'll save you the time (of watching the show)...We're young, it's a process, brick by brick.

@UTCoachJones are you giving back your paycheck this week?

ask him why we have a second round pick in Marquez North and we don't get him the ball

Butch Jones telling an Oklahoma player to have some class is like Mayweather telling some guy to be nice to a woman.

Butch Jones is the Josh Pastner of college football

@ErikAinge3 @UTCoachJones could you find out if we intend to use our WRs this season?

@UTCoachJones owning up and professing failures isn't weak, it gives you credibility. Your coach speak is nauseating. Save it.

@ErikAinge3 @UTCoachJones will you explain kicking a field goal from the 1/2 yard line when you have a 242 lb tailback

Remember when Tenn decided to play conservative for 2 QTRs because Butch Jones is stupid? Then had 33 seconds and 3 timeouts and takes knee?

@UTCoachJones you don't deserve this job.

@UTCoachJones no more words, no more slogans, no more canned propaganda responses... Just ****ing coach!

@UTCoachJones where's your 63 effort, ass clown? Be sure and get some pepto before the swamp

11. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

he must think ya'll are dumb.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Alex Ellis catches that pass and we rout them.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I doubt it, but we do win.

But we had chance after chance after chance. The problem is systemic. You can't reduced it to a single play.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

But why was Ellis in the game that play and not Wolf?

15. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Beat Bama and I'm back on, otherwise...he's a below average Ron Zook on the field and an above average Ron Zook off it.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

This is a bad thought process. We know Butch can't get us where we want to be, REGARDLESS of his ability to recruit. Butch can get fluke wins, but we need him to get himself fired.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

There is the rub, and I think it just goes to show that our coaches are who we thought they were. They are restocking the cupboard with some really good football players. They recruit and they motivate and they hype as well as anybody in the country. But when it comes down to scheming and adjusting, drawing x's and o's on the board and making them happen on the field, they are second tier.

That's going to result in a lot of wins, even some big wins. It's also going to result in some head scratching losses, and we are going to be the team that should be contending for championships every year but somehow isn't. That's the Clemson formula. Ole Miss is replicating it. I think Florida St is, too, with the one benefit that their conference is so shitty that you don't see it until the playoffs.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Only way I give this cųńť another chance is if he goes undefeated. There's more chance of me sucking the neighbor's dog off and it ejaculating on my face than this [itch bay] winning anything.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Analytics.

20. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

You may be right...but in reality, Hart isn't going to fire him unless he absolutely shits the bed this year. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see a contract extension for 8 wins. That being said, there's only so much mediocrity Butch and Hart can endure. So long as he doesn't drop off in recruiting, that's all he's working towards, IMO--stockpiling for the next coach in 2-3 years.

That's not what I hope happens, to say the least, but it's everything I've come to expect from the shit show that is our administration...striving for and enabling mediocrity.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015