Butch is working hard

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cpninja, Aug 2, 2016.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

When I saw the thread title, I was expecting a "fight like heck" quote.

Then Groves told the truth on our recruiting and I felt even worse. Surely, there is something to hope for this season.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Well yeah, winning cures all. That's why I'm not worried about this class. I I think UT should win a minimum of 10 games. Should go to Atlanta and play in a big bowl game. These things happen and we will sign a good class.

3. GahLee

Clemson is a team competing for national titles, they've got the Heisman frontrunner, also, some of the best talent in the state are from other areas of the country, they have no connection to UT.

4. GahLee

He's done a really good job of locking up the best in state talent since he got here, a few guys "commit" to other schools and it's a disaster. 6 months. Long way to go.

5. GahLee

10-4 record isn't going to accelerate a decline in recruiting.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

We win 10 games and we've underachieved.

7. RockyHill

How's a 10-4 season gonna play when we all know this is the best team Butch will ever have?

8. GahLee

I agree. But it's still enough to be able to sign a good class.

9. GahLee

Well, we don't know if it's the best team he will ever have. Who in the world thought we would win a national title going in to '98?

10. RockyHill

When the other top tier SEC programs have superior coaching we have to have elite classes, good won't cut it.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, just the way I see it.

11. GahLee

We've signed elite classes. This one may not be as good, obviously that's a disappointment if it comes to fruition but it's not a killer, not just one class. If it becomes a trend, I'll be concerned going forward, until then, I'm not going to panic because a few guys go to other schools.

12. RockyHill

We signed elite classes because Butch isn't half bad as a phony car salesman. That style stops working once all the kids see that your full of dogshit and can't coach a lick. It is going to become the trend.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Uh...we had a preseason top 10 team coming off an orange bowl season where we had n outside chance of a 1997 NC with a bowl win. 1998 wasn't some out of nowhere season.

14. GahLee

So you were expecting a title? I didn't say it came out of nowhere.

15. GahLee

Maybe.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Lyle and Hart getting a one way ticket on a Megabus to a beautiful seaside cabin on the Hudson Bay?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He got 4 of the top ten, six of the top 20 (though Perry is ineligible and Stewart quit football) in 2015 and 3 in the top 20 committed for this season.

He hit big in 2014 though

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would be a top heavy class, with 6 or so guys expected to contribute quickly and a bunch of "projects". He has done a good job in finding lower rated guys, though.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't see another 240 lb wrecking ball of a RB or a 30 career sack DE on the roster or committed to playing here

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm sure his decline in in-state recruiting has nothing to do with his being a full of shit windbag, though.

He's got to prove it on the field, not just with corny slogans and hand gestures.