Butch Jones' Buyout

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If putting Jones in charge of a women's football team wouldn't be considered a hate crime, then it's definition needs to be amended, and broadened.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Any AD pitching this guy to the boosters is risking his own job.

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

No blanking way. Give me a proven commodity or give me death.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Me too. The "chart" supports this view.

5. Tenacious D

Kudos.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

You couldn't see him at, say, UCF...Purdue...Iowa State...or something of the sort?

He can point to recruiting, show you his MAC rings, talk about some mixed downs and what a special place your school is. He'll get another run. And if only at 1M per year, that drastically reduces UT's buyout and makes it a no-brainer, imo.

7. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

I feel bad for his kids unless they are home schooled. It must not be pleasant for them.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could we transfer him to UT Martin?

9. Tenacious D

The University of Tennessee has no business - none, whatsoever - in ever hiring an unproven commodity as any head coach, with football being the least of all. Ever. Under any circumstances.

And anyone who purports this as a viable option is a delusional moron, and should be fired on the spot, before the echo of this suggestion has stopped reverberating off of the walls of the room in which it is spoken.

I don't give a damn who is saying it or why, because it is EXACTLY this line of thinking which has placed us here to begin with.

And it has to stop.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The assumption is that ADs and administrations simply don't care to find out how the guy coaches. His actual coaching is on display and there isn't any real dispute about whether he sucks. Most guys can at least justify their decisions. He gonna say youth has him declining penalties, mismanaging the clock, inverting his charts... ... ... ...

11. Tenacious D

You can't dig your way out of a shit hole by dumping in fresh shit.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It would have to be a bottom feeder in a power 5 conference.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

exactly. Fulmer started the train.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No chance a power 5 hires Jones.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yes, that is the assumption...but that assumption is based on several years of observing the hiring practices of the UT AD.

You suggesting other AD's do it differently than we do? I just need one as careless as ours.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

His buyout is offset by future earnings.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Then the prodigal son returns to the MAC. I like it. Who needs a coach? Akron?

19. Tenacious D

Fulmer absolutely started this shit storm.

He was never qualified to take over, caught lightning in a bottle in '98, and this allowed him to stay around long enough to not only undo all that he had accomplished, but actually make it worse.

This put us behind the curve on hiring his replacement, and we've stumbled from one shit show to another, ever since.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Don't you blame this on Fulmer, when you know damn well this is all Kiffin's fault.

- VN