Butch Jones: Miscellaneous Stories

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 19, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Here's a recent story about Bob Shoop and why he thinks he sucked at Tennessee but not anywhere else.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/spor...oop-tennessee-ut-vols-butch-jones/1651616002/

"We're very aggressive in our approach and mind-set, probably more so than we were at Tennessee,” Shoop said.

“The one thing I made sure I was going to do, after my experience at Tennessee,” Shoop said, “I was going to do it the way I wanted to do it, and I wasn’t going to compromise anything.”

“We’re very aggressive in our approach and mind-set, probably more so than we were at Tennessee,” Shoop said.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2018
    IP, lylsmorr and lol vol like this.
  2. lol vol

lol vol Member

“The Butch Effect” infects anyone who is not an aerospace engineer.

tvolsfan, utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The picture of Jones being carried off the field for a Music City Bowl win makes me wonder what Pruitt would do if they tried to do the and shit for him. Man, Butch was such a cancer for this program.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch is a loser, plain and simple

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt may throw punches

PilotFlyingJ and A-Smith like this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That [uck fay]ing Battle of Bristol trophy on a pedestal in the middle of the Anderson Building was perhaps the second most vomit inducing thing during his tenure.

Most vomit inducing piece of shit move was putting the crystal football under some stairs. I heard it was a replica, but still, [uck fay] that shit.

Poppa T, tvolsfan, MaconVol and 5 others like this.
  7. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

He's gone... Wasn't happy after Gruden fell through, but I liked Pruitt's resume when he came onboard... I like him more and more each weekend.

I don't see the game like a lot here, but I know what improvement looks like and when someone knows their shit and so far, I'm happy. That Auburn win made me tingle in places that haven't tingled in a long long time (well, since I stopped NYY cold turkey).

NYY and CardinalVol like this.
  8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Was it him that broke the trophy, for what bowl?

9. NorrisAlan

I don't know if it was Pruitt, buy one of the coaches smashed the 2nd place trophy from the playoffs the year before and then beat it with a sledge hammer.

Gimme some of that, please.

Edit: it was their S&C coach. Should have known, that dude is ten degrees off plumb.

Beechervol and kmf600 like this.
  10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

61B35AD0-6816-41F4-9C48-BF20CCAE5673.jpeg

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, enjoying it on the long 30 second flight back to knoxville.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

I think that is from our Tax Slayer Bowl Championship year.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Best TaxSlayer Bowl team in the nation that year. Give him a national championship

14. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Every time I see that photo I want to:
    A). Barf
    B). Know who the people are to Lyle’s left and in the seat behind him that don’t want anything to do whatsoever with being seen in the photo...

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

[uck fay].Butch.Jones.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

“Bowl Championships”

18. NorrisAlan

To be fair (God help me), that is ubiquitous now. The shirts and hats all say Champions on them.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The taxslayer Bowl title should have been celebrated as a step to being back, not as the end all be all it was.

Them again, lyle never understood that.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He thought he had accomplished something major here. One thing about Dooley, he realized he sucked and he didn't bullshit people on it. Butch insulted everyone that came before him. He honest to God thought 8 wins was an accomplishment here.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.