Butch on Thursday

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 17, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Here are some quotes from 24/7 today:

“I can tell you this as somebody who’s lived the program for three years: The strides that we’ve taken in two and a half, three years is monumental,” he said. “And it’s a tribute to our players and our coaching staff to even be playing in that type of game last week, (in terms) of what’s gone on here in building this program.“I can tell you this as somebody who’s lived the program for three years: The strides that we’ve taken in two and a half, three years is monumental,” he said. “And it’s a tribute to our players and our coaching staff to even be playing in that type of game last week, (in terms) of what’s gone on here in building this program."

“And I believe in being positive, and I said it on Monday: A year ago we weren’t even competitive against that (Oklahoma) program. They recruited to their system, I believe, for 16 or 17 years. And, unfortunately, we came up short. That’s football. We have to get better. That’s on me as the caretaker."

"We still have a long ways to go. It’s all about development and recruitment, recruitment and development. And it’s happening, but I’m as impatient as it is. But when I step back and I really know what’s going on inside the walls of the Anderson Training Center, it’s refreshing. It’s great.”

That’s why Jones insisted he hasn’t “listened to outside voices” this week coming off Tennessee’s loss to the Sooners, a game the Vols led 17-3 going into the fourth quarter.

Deflect and mention recruiting

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The strides we have taken have been monumental. We've come a long way. But we've still got a long way to go. We'll eventually get there, but I'm impatient.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I hate him

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

All that to say: losing that game was completely acceptable.

Makes you just wanna grab him by his throat and start shaking him.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

[video=youtube;k6p1Ck0ab80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6p1Ck0ab80[/video]

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Now it's a moral victory when you blow a big lead too?

7. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Wait, does Butch know that Oklahoma overhauled it's entire "system" this past offseason?

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Wins. It's all about wins, Butch.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You don't get paid $3 million a year to be competitive against a down Oklahoma team in the loudest spot in North America last Saturday. This chump is a chickenshit charlatan. Just shut up and leave.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Oklahoma has recruited to its system for 16 or 17 years...can't compete with that.

We are going to get skull****ed by frank Beamer in Bristol next year.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Now.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Excuse train is chugging along

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch's spiral has started.

Before BGSU, he cut off the media due, in part, to his claiming erroneous injury reports. The North injury was reported incorrectly.

He claimed he would address injuries as he saw fit from now on. He greatly reduced how much practice time was seen by outsiders.

Now, after choking a lead away, he claims he won't allow negativity to enter his program. That is a direct threat to the Knoxville media.

Once you start flailing at the local Knoxville media, you're on your death bed.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Serious question, what are the odds he sees the writing on the wall and jumps ship at the close of the season? He really doesn't seem equipped to deal with the pressure, and I believe that he has to know it.

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I keep seeing these posts about charlatan and such. A real snake oil salesman knows when to take his wares elsewhere.

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that he's not really any of those things. He's just a dumbass. It's no more complicated than that. He's probably not leaving because, if he's just spewing falsehoods, he has done it so long that he actually believes most of it.

Edit: Finish post due to fat fingers on mobile.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think they are 50/50 if he finishes 7-5 or 6-6. He did do everything in his power to take the Michigan job last year.

18. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I haven't kept up with Dumbass's contract but what is his buyout at this point?

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In the 6-8 million range, I believe, which is why he will never walk away. Get fired, take a lesser position, make bank.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I had forgotten about that.