Butch's Excuses for Losing to Arkansas

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Sep 29, 2015.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I can almost guarantee he goes there. Wouldn't be surprised if he went after message boards and social media, too.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Everybody wins!

3. CD12

CD12 Member

I'm out of order...your out of order...this whole damn press conference is out of order!

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If it's not negativity, it will be because there's not enough fans at the game.

5. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

"Well, ya know we gotta take em one day at a time and we're just happy to be one or two plays away from getting that birth to the Tampax Super Heavy Bowl."

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Because 102,400+ screaming lunatics sealed the deal vs Oklahoma. Oh, wait...

I want him gone more and more every day. And I am afraid he will be here next year, too.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"they are a lot more experienced as a football team and it showed. I think our guys started reading the message boards and got down on themselves."

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He seems to have some beef with Seth Stokes. Might be able to exploit that. Nothing against the guy really, and it wouldn't be Rucker getting punched in the face, but that would just be a bonus to the real prize anyway.

9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

What's really going to piss me completely off is if Tennessee manages to win this game going away and Botch struts out and shakes his finger at the media like he's been completely vindicated. I will lose my mind if this happens.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's going to happen.

11. NorrisAlan

We are not beating Arkansas. We should beat them like a rented mule, but we are not winning.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

"The media lost this game for us."

I will bet money that is said in some way.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"there was a lot of negativity around the program"

14. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

I was just about to type something similar to what IP, droski, justin, and kpt did...

"team still has a hangover from the florida game"
    "outside distractions from social media, etc."

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Maybe they'll be too many. Can't have that happening again and interfering with our defensive calls.

16. NorrisAlan

There will be no excuses because they cannot get Jones to come out of the bathroom stall for the after game presser.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

He'll come out and tell us he's in over his head, it's a lot different in the SEC, and he will be packing his shit up and leaving in the middle of the night, and let UT keep the remainder of his contract.

18. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

That was one of the most idiotic statements I've ever heard a coach make, and I suffered thru the Billy Clyde years.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

We called a perfect game

20. nomojo

nomojo Member

" We have a young team, and they've never been asked to play on Arkansas grass, while breathing Arkansas air and at this elevation, which is 25 feet sea level below Neyland Stadium. That's why we punted on first down, because the grass/air/elevation charts said to, and we've put hours of research into that chart, so it must be right."