Butch's Leash Under Currie

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, May 17, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Only got to play half the Orange and White game. Can't expect to win games when you can't complete your Spring scrimmage.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He manages to beat the scrubs and play LSU close to finish out the year. We announce Hoke as the new head coach prior to our Independence Bowl match up against Duke. After Cut hangs half a hundred on us in Shreveport on the way to a four touchdown win, Tennessee finishes out the recruiting cycle with a class outside the top 25 and in the bottom third of the conference. After spending the 2017 season as second on the depth chart, Guarantano announces that he is transferring to Rutgers. Tennessee fans call him a thug and a punk publicly on Twitter while also claiming that Dormady will have a Peyton-esque season in 2018. After a lackluster fall practice, Hoke leads Tennessee to the first 8 loss season in school history.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Where Hoke goes undefeated & wins a shit bowl game on December 21st. As a result, Currie gives him a 15 year $60 million guaranteed contract citing, "He righted the ship after the devastating firing of a beloved true fan coach, Butch Jones."

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  4. JayVols

We're thinking alike waaaay to much on this.

We can't have good things at UT.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

At this point, I'm convinced that we sold our souls to the devil for this...

[​IMG]

6. JayVols

Possibly. I went to Tempe. Was a helluva time.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yep. Definitely a trip I'll never forget, which is good since we'll probably never do it again.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is Georgia Tech a big chop-blocking team? If one of our DT's goes down early, we could be looking at another 300 yards rushing allowed per game type season.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's all they do

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If I were Butch, I'd seriously consider not playing Tuttle.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's what I was thinking. Ruh-roh.

12. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

NEXT QUESTION:

Seeing the majority of you believe Butch is gone after this year, do you trust Currie to make a good hire? Doesn't sound like he has a good reputation with coaches. I might feel better about it if he goes and gets a stud for a baseball coach.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

There is the rub.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

All it will really take is for Currie to say something mid-season after a big loss (and there will be several) to the tune of he will evaluate at the end of the season. It's a done deal after that. Either Butch's ego will have him interviewing for a garbage job in the Michigan area (excuse = let's go home) or his ego will drive him to walk in Currie's office and demand an extension. I expect Butch to push the issue as soon as the heat turns up just a little.

And, if Currie is in that mood as you say he is, I do not see him allowing Butch to get a chance to potentially finish 4-1 to claim a bs turnaround. At least we have LSU this year, but I hate that crap about finishing strong.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i'd feel better if it was just currie, probably. add him plus the BoT and the boosters and I'm not confident at all

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Worst case scenario will occur, whatever that is.

17. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We should have a pretty good idea after the South Carolina game. We'll definitely beat Indiana State and UMass. But depends on our record against UGA, UF, GT, and SC. If he's got a losing record after that, it's going to get pretty ugly. The next week will be in Tuscaloosa and should be a massacre. He needs to have built up a little success before that in order to survive that crimson beatdown.

19. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

For the love of all things.... don't make me go another season after this with Butch.