Butch's Leash Under Currie

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, May 17, 2017.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That's good.

Champions of Indiana and Massachusetts.

"Never before in the history of Tennessee has that ever happened in the same season."

Frodo cometh.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That is all they do. Triple Option and Chop Blocking; not a good first game opponent for us.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Per CBS, there are 51 Coaches better. Not hard to improve.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Three out of five hot seat coaches in the SEC.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I really was going back & forth about going. Long drive. Yes we drove. Jay don't fly. Leaving the wife at home, missing work, just lots of issues. Then, the father-in-law, who is as plain and mundane as you can get- even his favorite ice cream flavor, vanilla, is boring- pulled me aside and said, "If you have a chance to go, you'd better go. You'll regret it if you don't. Remember, the last time this happened was 1951. May not ever happen again."

He was right on every single level. I still thank him today for telling me that.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

See my post about Hoke getting a 15 year $60 million guaranteed contract for "righting the ship"....

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Legit LOL.

9. Tenacious D

I can't even allow the thought to take root.

The older you get, the more you realize that you only have so many football seasons in a life, and we've wasted, what, a dozen or so?

I think if he gives Currie any reason to keep him, he will.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He's gone. Season ticket renewals are going to be shit

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Butch is to big of a vag to go say shit to Currie. He will call up Trace and cry to him.

12. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

The chance of a NC not happening again in my lifetime was the final push for me to go.

I never imagined that 98 could be the last SECC for UT in my lifetime.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

“I daresay there’s not another coach in college football that works as hard or as smartly as he and his staff do from a recruiting standpoint,”

- Currie on Jones

Article from Saturday Down South

Didn't say one thing about his on the field coaching.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am just waiting for the "he has my full confidence" quote.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

"Thanks for rebuilding the roster. Here's your severance check, we will now go find a football coach."

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Before the Fiesta Bowl, I remember thinking at the time that we should appreciate it because we may never see it again. I just hope I was wrong.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

18. Tenacious D

If Jones' class stays in Top 5, it'll be almost impossible for Currie to fire him for anything less than 7 wins - barring anything off the field, losing the locker room or something with 'AA.

Chip Kelly is free for the taking, and is allegedly talking to anyone and everyone who wants to talk to him....and we're going to give Jones another season.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If he goes 8-4 again and doesn't win the East and they don't fire his ass, then UT has completely given up on sports and **** them.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If Currie lets Kelly slip away because he was too scared to fire a coach that's already proven he can't win with elite talent, then he needs to be fired the day Kelly signs elsewhere.