POLITICS Buttilicious

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by gcbvol, Apr 18, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't feel aligned with any of the platforms, but I am willing to give any of them a shot. The climate/energy stuff is going to be painful whatever action or inaction occurs. There needs to be good vision on how to navigate that.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I see her as a person that will say or do anything to win more political power, while she doesn't have true principles. She's very loose with the truth and has a history of just saying what she needs too.

I don't doubt that she's smart though.

Indy likes this.
  3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If he’s as smart as GCB thinks he is - and as I tend to also believe - he’ll be out long before Super Tuesday.

If he’s still in at that point, he’s going to permanently stain himself, and not simply because he’ll be absolutely hammered (which he will be), but because said hammering was so obviously certain and easily avoided...but he was too vain / goofy / stupid / surrounded by stupid people as to have lacked the good sense to know when to get out.

If he’s not out by Super Tuesday, he’s Jesse Jackson 2.0 (circa 1988), and where it’s not really about his candidacy, but merely promoting himself, and stroking his own ego, instead.

White heterosexual males have made 44.5 of 45 Presidents.

The two leading candidates now (allegedly): surprise, surprise its two white heterosexual males.

Waiting in the wings? Two more white heterosexuals, one a male and the other a female.

Given that women and Latinos are still 0-fer - despite both being each much (MUCH) larger blocs and far (FAR) more societally accepted and well-established...it is nothing short of amazing that Mayor Pete has garnered any notice at all.

This world of delusional idealism and wishful thinking is not the one in which we live, and may not exist in our lifetimes, if ever.

4. Tenacious D

I’d love for you to support Mayor Pete.

No POTUS is ready. Ever. Because it’s impossible to be fully prepared. Some may be more ready than others, but none are fully prepared.

He isn’t ready to be a national candidate, on the national stage, and to build a national infrastructure from which to launch and perpetuate a national campaign....and which are each required in winning a national election.

Otherwise than those easily overlooked but niggling details, oh, he’s a prime and ripe candidate.

5. Tenacious D

No it doesn’t, Tex.

Stop lying.

6. Tenacious D

IP: Y’all just can’t admit that Trump is exactly who he keeps saying he is, and will continue to support him no matter what.

ALSO IP:

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Holy. [uck fay]ing. Hell.

First, my initial comment was about his treatment by media folks, not the electorate at large. I never whined about him not winning because he's gay. I've said from damn near beginning that he was the longest of long shots and have also said multiple times he will not be the nominee. I know this. I understand this. Pete has never made the impacts of his sexuality an issue - he's doing it right. I do not believe homophobia is the reason he will not be the nominee, this is not my implication. I am saying unconscious homophobia is playing a massive role in the pettiness and condescension being displayed by media. Did you see the NY Times editorial board interview of Pete? They were openly laughing about Twitter memes calling him "Mayo Pete" and speculating about what it means and how it denotes something "gross". Just incredibly inappropriate and unprofessional shit. No other candidate got anywhere close to the same treatment. It was a form of bullying birthed by homophobia. My only goal here is to point it out and call it what it is.

Let me be clear on this. I firmly believe he is qualified and would make a fine president. You disagree and that's fine; our opinions on the current POTUS are inverse. I do not believe he has a chance at the nomination and have said so for some time (I picked him in the poll, but that was all about reppin'). All I'm doing is shining light on a part of this process I *personally* find bothersome.

fl0at_ likes this.
  8. Tenacious D

Trump pulled us out of the disastrous Paris Climate Accord, the US emissions are at an all-time low and he just announced that we’re building 1 trillion trees or some shit.

Welcome aboard, and what size hat do you wear?

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Difficult as in I don’t like holding my nose. And I don’t like not showing up. And I don’t like writing in.

10. gcbvol

That's wrong and a leftist myth. Zuckerberg has not backed Pete and they are not friends. Two former Facebook employees asked Zuckerberg to write letters of recommendation and they reached out on their behalf. Neither have anything to do with policy or are in leadership positions in his campaign. I believe they have data roles.

11. Tenacious D

None of this changes anything I’ve ever said about Mayor Pete, and certainly doesn’t refute or negate it.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I see no contradiction. I've already talked about Pete and Sanders over her. That doesn't mean I think she's out for power or a snake or whatever. I moved on. The analogy would be moving on from Trump after what he said about Ted Cruz's family, except that is even more extreme and still didn't matter to you or most. So... not sure you'll ever have an angle about this. or anything regarding standards of character.

I am sure it was worth it, though. owned those libs.

13. Tenacious D

So, you’re only definitely going to vote for “Not Trump”, is that it, Tex?

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's also quite possible staying in the race isn't quite as stupid as you believe so and, once again, you are wrong. Other presidents and nominees, Reagan, Bush, Dole, McCain, H. Clinton, etc. had serious campaigns prior to experiencing success. Buttigieg remaining in the race to create more of a brand and name recognition doesn't necessarily have to be about winning this specific election. You may not realize this, but they do this every four years and he's not excluded from running again.

15. Tenacious D

I am personally thankful for each day that Warren continues to campaign. I’d love to see her on the other ticket.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

More pain for the grand kids is not a plan I can get behind.

I like middle east peace deals, though. don't know anything about his plan yet, but if he's serious and has a plan to get those Palestinians and Israelis to be happy and whole, I'm about that.

Tenacious D likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have a feeling she's out before or immediately after super Tuesday.

I think sanders may run away with this, barring some major shakeup.

Could be wrong, though.

Tenacious D likes this.
  18. gcbvol

Who thinks Bloomberg rises to upper tier?

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I can't quite determine if he's going to rise up or become a third party candidate to siphon off votes.

20. Tenacious D

I was just thinking this morning - as I watched his third ad on YouTube - that he was going to be the reverse-side proof of Trump, that spending money does not always a campaign make, and isn’t the grand end-all-be-all that some still persist in believing it to be.

It’s amazing how little he’s gotten in return for such a large media buy. His candidacy is nearly as stagnant as Biden’s and almost as dead as TexTra’s objectivity.