POLITICS Buttilicious

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by gcbvol, Apr 18, 2019.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i doubt anyone would know who he was if he wasn't gay though.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you are comparing the VP and a senator to the mayor of south bend notoriety wise?

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

anything that makes you stand out from the crowd is going to get you more attention than your average mayor.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It definitely helps, but it does him a great disservice to attribute his appeal to this singular component. He had developed a strong following based off his appearances on several podcasts before more traditional media picked up on him. The majority of the feedback focused on his intelligent and thoughtful answers. People loved he actually provided answers versus the typical political dodge and spin. It's why he has support among D, R and I's.

droski likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

no, I am not. I am comparing white males, based on a comment that they get no attention because swalwell doesn't

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm suggesting it's what got him noticed and in the press. not that his appeal is being gay. if he wasn't articulate and such it wouldn't have gone anywhere.

justingroves and gcbvol like this.
  7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

This.

8. GahLee

Not this, as usual.

9. gcbvol

I want to make clear I am not blind to the challenges Pete has and I've stated more than once I do not believe he will ultimately be the Dem nominee. What I do believe is he will prove to be a much stronger candidate than many are giving him credit. There's a reason he's being strongly attacked by both the right and left, and that reason is assuredly not his being a no chance non-factor.

His biggest issue is going to be people of color. If he doesn't make progress there it's danger Will Robinson.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's pretty obvious biden won't survive long term in this. warren is too nutty. bernie has limited appeal. he might have a chance via attrition.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is exactly what you said. White straight males won't get attention.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesus Christ, own it. You made a statement that is falsifiable, because there are other white straight males who are not at the bottom.

13. GahLee

You are the dumbest nerd alive.

14. GahLee

Two guys who have a tremendous leg up on him due to experience and exposure. It's not the same thing. Its exactly why I used Swalwell as an example and not the two you decided to throw in.

Biden and Bernie will have to answer to the woke crowd, Pistol Pete will get a bit of a pass because he is gay. Guys like Swalwell are just chum in the water because he isn't.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Perhaps he’s not being attacked for his competency, but because so many feel that his accomplishments do not warrant the attention he’s thus far received.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that his appeal amongst black voters won’t be his biggest challenge.

16. Tenacious D

My money is on Bernie to get the Dem nod.

I think it obvious how I feel that will ultimately turn out.

17. Tenacious D

That seems to be all the Dems want to run.

18. gcbvol

For some, sure. Most is driven by fear, though.

If you're speaking of the still healthy amount of homophobia among the electorate I fear you could be correct. I'm choosing to be optimistic.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I’m thinking someone out of the blue.

20. GahLee

Obama just waiting to pounce. Let these fools run circles around each other and then boom...Michelle is running. Game over.