Bye Dormady

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by sbradle4, Oct 10, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Can put an exclamation point in the middle, too.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Right?!

Come on, WTF are they going to do to him, honestly? First, he's a giant. Second, they're going to try and manhandle a VFL, or deny him future access? Third, he's O-M'FING-V.

3. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Cant blame the kid. This offense isn't for him. He'll go be a world beater somewhere under competent coaching.

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I would be more afraid that NYY would be lurking somewhere close by.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Here's the perfect visual aid to explain the Dormandy/Butch's infallible offense situation:

[​IMG]

6. JayVols

NY is ALWAYS lurking somewhere close by....

7. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Nail on the head.

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

SDS has picked up the story now. Saying Dormady is 'contemplating his future' with UT.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

he's been told they are going with JG and doesn't want to sit on a losing team. Can't blame him. You also can't go 2-15 or whatever and not have to answer for it.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Supposedly he’s a really nice guy, so people with a lot of interaction with him (important caveat—people whose jobs don’t depend on him being intelligent) seem to like him?

11. JayVols

Can't quote you Tar...

I get that, but I wouldn't say that lying constantly, perpetuating a fraud, rumors of physically and verbally assaulting players or whatever else we've seen from Butch are qualities that makes one "a nice guy". Acting one way to con people but actually being something else entirely makes one a pretty shitty guy, imho.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

But other players got their way by threatening to quit, so he's only doing what butch responds to

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Dormady showed up to practice. Apparently changed his mind.

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I guess that settles that... For now, anyway. I guarantee you jt5's words got back to him and he saw those leadership reps slipping away....

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Somebody talked him back.

He was gone.

16. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

Someone probably told him that JG would get destroyed behind the crappy o-line no later than Bama. He becomes the starter against our weak November schedule then transfers at the end of the year.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Good. I want to see what Gruden can do with him.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Peyton.

JMO, probably a stupid guess

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yea, that's the sound of it. Hubbs claimed he was told he was talking to his mentors, whoever they are.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If I was his dad, I would suggest to him he finish out and see what happens. Leave in December if Butch is back or a new coach may be a good fit. Leaving now doesn't do much to help the situation. Its just 2 months and you still have classes. And if you still want to prove you can ball, JG won't last so you are probably back on the field soon. JG appears to me to have no pocket presence.
    It does seem like a common thing for qbs in recent years. Bama, aggies, UF, UT...qb's don't light it up right away or get passed over just take off in the middle of the week. I don't recall that happening as much years ago, but we didn't have the access either so maybe it was.