CAK's Brett Kendrick Is A Vol!!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JZ1124, Jun 2, 2012.

1. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Big athletic OL. Good kid and very happy for him.

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Cool. Don't know much about him...but welcome aboard I suppose!?

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

2 OL so far. Good start.

4. WM

WM Active Member

Nothing personal for those rooting for him but offering him is a head scratcher, IMO.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have never seen him, but I will readily admit that offensive linemen are some of the hardest of the lot to evaluate, IMO. I would feel better if more schools were in on him, but I'll withhold the questioning until the fall.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Pittman has a decent record for spotting OL talent.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I really hate being this negative but the cluster[uck fay] of this staff brings it out of me.

I can't put into words how ridiculous it is that Tennessee has offered this kid. The only time he faced a halfway decent DE talent last year was against Grace Knoxville and he looked like 5 levels of godawful. That's as critical as I'll allow myself to be of high schoolers just fulfilling their dreams.

This class is looking more and more similar to the final class assembled by Todd Raleigh.

8. tripper

tripper Member

He is a great young man but I just don't see offering him this soon. He would have committed in November. I like that Mark Bradley is his position coach but I've seen him play and practice and I don't see it.

Also, I don't believe in the argument of stacking your line with Tennessee boys. While we had many great linemen go on to have stellar NFL careers, we have had just as many busts.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  9. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I will say I'm stunned UT offered.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I wonder how much bradley's opinion influenced this offer?

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Cam Clear just got this kid a scholarship. "Oh, shit...the natives are restless. I'm going to offer a good Knoxville kid. Where are my orange pants?"

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hmm. I don't really know anything about him, but if he is as questionable as others think, it's definitely an odd move. If later this kid is let go to make room for better guys, this will blow up in Dooley's face.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He can't really cut a local guy once he takes their commitment imo

14. You don't know shit.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I get the feeling that in a couple years, we'll find ourselves with a new coach trying to start a bunch of freshmen and sophomores on the offensive line again.

16. tripper

tripper Member

He was quite instrumental in his recruitment and subsequent offer.

17. tripper

tripper Member

Yep. I remember everyone on TOOS said George Bullock would be a walk on, but I knew they were never going to pull his offer. It's almost impossible to pull a local kids offer unless they don't make grades or get into trouble.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Congrats to the kid, I hope he makes the very most out of it. Any criticism I have is in no way directed at him and he should be excited to come to UT and work hard.

But what the [uck fay]. What will really piss me off is if this guy gets his offer pulled by Dooley/a new coach at the 11th hour. I wouldn't be mad at the new coach, obviously, but it is just setting up the potential for a shitty situation.

19. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Camped at Kentucky and they did not offer. He can certainly be a good pick up if the light comes on. I played with a guy who starts in the NFL and would never have dreamed he was tough enough to make but he got to college and developed.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Signing zero last year will bite us in the ass.