Cal '06 or UCLA '08?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Aug 19, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Which will NC State be? A springboard to saving a coach's job or the first step on the path to unemployment?

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm praying for Syracuse '98.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Neither. I don't think NCSU is good enough to beat UT. I think UF is going to be the decisive game

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Hopefully 06 Cal, not because I care about the coach's job but dadgummit I want to win some football games.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Has more of a Cal feel to it. UCLA was so damn bad you just knew the rest of the season would be a disaster. NC State isn't that low.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What is UCLA 2008, Alex

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I do think that should we lose the writing will be on the wall.

It's really the most pivotal game for UT in a long, long time.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Since 2008, anyway.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Quiet, you.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I watched us lose to UCLA the 2008 version at a bar in Powell. Not only is it the strangest bar I've ever been in but they also had flat screens without HD. How is that possible? Terrible memories of that night for many reasons.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think further back. That whole season was pivotal, but I don't think tere was a toss-up game anywhere that would have changed Phil's future had it gone the other way.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

flatscreens without HD... When did they ever make those?

Also, watching games in bars in the Knoxville area is miserable. I'd rather watch a game in a biker bar in the middle of the Mojave.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What bar was that?

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

NCST is probably better than the downward spiral Gators.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm gonna go with lylsmorr. They aren't good enough to be a Cal 06. The best case scenario is that the hot seat doesn't get hotter.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Spicy's. Food is fine. Weird place to watch a game.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think they didn't run the tvs through digital boxes or the girl didn't know there was an HD channel despite my protests.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

The Gators are putrid on offense, but their defense will be good. If we can get 100-150 on the ground against them, that should mean our running game is strong enough for us to win 8, which will (but shouldn't, IMO) give Dooley breathing room.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Welcome. Keep posting.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I watched it in the Rose Bowl. At least I got a free flight out there. Still thought about calling Vol Calls and demanding Fulmer personally reimburse me for the cost of my trip.