Call Bobby Hurley or Richard Pitino...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by JZ1124, Mar 27, 2015.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I tend to agree that the search firm was not Hart's decision to make. Maybe it's a shared dream.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

there, much better.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I like this list. Has Jacobson had any serious suitors? Surely he has but I'm not sure.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Damn, BPV, I think that is a masterpiece of poetry. I am serious.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Stay off my turf.

6. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Don't know about Jacobson's recruiting but he's an excellent on-court coach!

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Jon Gilbert isn't getting near his fair share of the heat for this mess.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fire everyone, I say.

Everyone.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If there is anything we all should have learned by now is you can clean your pooper with any kind of wish list that makes any kind of sense.

10. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

My second choice

Would love Marshall, but Hurley is going to be good and better snatch him up now

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Please tell me the rumors of Rick Barnes are not true. I can only take so much of this.

12. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Hey, over on VN, they are loving the Rick Barnes possibility. Will bring "stability" and "he makes the tournament every year, so he's a winner", etc., etc. I feel like the tallest midget over there when I bother to post.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I'm putting my full support behind Darrin Horn. I expect that he'll have a comparable resume to whomever we hire (excepting SC), that he'd probably accept 10% to 20% of what we end up paying, and, while I'm sure the underlying message of the eventual hire will be that no one under UT's employ gives a damn about basketball, that Horn would make it unmistakably clear.

16. Tenacious D

If we can't have get any of the following to show up here on Monday in an orange tie, then piss on it.

Name (Current School / Guesstimated Salary)

1. Dan Hurley (Rhode Island / $400k/yr)
    2. Bobby Hurley (Buffalo / $300k/yr)
    3. LeVelle Moton (NC Central / $200k/yr)

Ask Hat for his take on my list, and if we could get them here in a hurry (with proper protections being given from Hart's stupid ass).

17. Tenacious D

Oh, you don't know about Dan Hurley? Here, let me educate you:

And he's loyal...but can be had. And he's like 42.

The search should be one call, and take about 20 minutes.

Link: http://nypost.com/2015/02/08/how-relentless-dan-hurley-has-rescued-rhode-island/

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'd rather have Dan than Bobby. He's proven a lot more. Prohm and White (more $ than last time) would also be good gets IMO.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Apparently there is mutual interest with Chris Holtmann from Butler. Not sure he passes the Darrin Horn test.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

You like blowing the horn.