Cameron Clear Arrested? (Yep, he has been.)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, May 22, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This is being way overblown. Similar incidents happen at every college in America. Clear stole, somebody told, and he got arrested. The justice system prevails once again. This isn't gonna make or break Dooley, so lets quit acting like it is going to.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Nobody gives two shits anymore and they've just about said it publicly. It's exactly why this team will fall apart at the first sign of adversity this season.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dooley knew about it and did nothing. Dude should have already gone the way of Onterrio "Where's my stereo?" Smith.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Dooley is in self-preservation mode.

And he's losing.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stealing from team mates is a huge deal, not necessarily for his job security, but for the team

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

How do we know that he did nothing? I am not a Dooley apologist by any means, but my God, its not his fault that Clear is stealing from teammates. We could be dealing with several different situations in which the stealing happened. The arrest could stem from something that happened as recently as yesterday or this morning for all we know.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Clear is a thief and Dooley knew it for weeks

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Guys steal from 10+ teammates, then a coach tries to keep it in house to keep everyone from having one more reason he's a [uck fay]ing incompetent fool? I've missed those stories, I guess the other 120 or so D-I coaches are much better at crisis management. Then again, that should be no surprise. They're pretty much all better than the Paula Deen impersonator's son at everything else. Start the death watch. I got the Sunday after Alabama ass rapes us in front of a crowd comprised of mainly people in Crimson.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I agree, but the team angle can be overcame now if Dooley suspends him, which could have already happened internally and had not yet been reported. If that is the case, then this is a situation of Clear having a habit out of stealing. If Dooley has done nothing about it, than shame on him, but we know that whether he actually does anything or not, he likes to use the word internally, so even if Dooley didn't suspend him in the 1st place, he will use the words "being handled internally" to make it look like Clear just simply likes to steal from his teammates.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Incident #1 is in no way Dooley's fault. If there is more than one, as the case seems to be, he deserves a lot of blame. This wouldn't be the first time Dooley stood idly by while a player went out of control.

11. Tenacious D

Parents of players have gotten involved, if that tells you both how long and widespread this issue has continued, unabated.

Allegedly.

12. hatvol96

Keeeping guys around who have absolutely no regard for their teammates is always a sound strategy. That's why guys like Terrell Owens and Jeff George always stayed in one place.

13. Tenacious D

Its difficult to steal from teammates when you are no longer on the team.

In fact, I bet that thefts of players property has dropped 50% since Clear's arrest, only earlier today.

14. hatvol96

The only thing Doofus "handles internally" is his head, which he has permanently deposited in his ass.

15. Tenacious D

I'm positive that there isn't more to this story.

Or that it involves other players.

Or any other crimes.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Would make a good murder mystery for IP to write, IMO.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I can see where this looks bad on Dooley if in fact he has not done anything about it prior to today's arrest, but we really don't know because of the one thing that we do know, and that is that Dooley is sometimes tight-lipped, alot of times this fact hurts him, so we will see what he says tomorrow I suppose.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can assure you this was known for a long time

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

What's going to be interesting is to see how Dooley handles this going forward. To me, there is only one logical step to be taken after a player steals from teammates. To a coach on the hot seat, there may be more options.

20. hatvol96

I would actually like to see the parents that pulled the plug on this "let's keep Cam's kleptomania in house" idiocy leading off Sportscenter tomorrow night being interviewed by Bob Ley. I don't give the first damn what Dooley has to say.