Cameron Clear Arrested? (Yep, he has been.)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, May 22, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nevermind, the 2 gamer was before the rest of this came out.

He's gone.

2. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

you got breaking news?

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No. Purely speculation on my part.

4. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Yeah. Dude is most likely gone. I know nothing or no one inside on this, but his crime was egregious and inexcusable, especially in light of the past allegations.

5. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

He may be packing his car for Memphis right now.

6. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Light load. The cops already confiscated most of "his" stuff, I'm sure.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I bet he stays

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm going to go with 6 game suspension or off the team.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This dude was stealing from his teammates. Not smoking weed, not getting into a fight at a bar...stealing from his [uck fay]ing teammates. He can't be trusted. He can't be welcomed back into that locker room. He's got to go.

10. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

He's not even going to be able to vote, let alone play football.

VFL.. Vol For Less than a day

11. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

If I didn't care at all about my university, I would hope Dooley tries to keep Clear around just to see everything implode in front of his eyes. Actually, that maybe that would be the best thing to happen.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

He's been set up because someone knew he has a history and wanted him off the team. So that someone else stole a laptop themselves (you know, risking arrest themselves), then let Clear borrow it, knowing it would be flagged as stolen. Clear, a naïve freshman, figured logging on with someone else's computer couldn't possibly be a bad thing for a known klepto, and he slipped right into the trap.

People think this. I would say "have you never heard of Ockham's Razor!?!?!" but I already know the answer.

13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

The stupidity is astounding. I'd be completely shocked if he stays; Cam Newton got dismissed from UF for basically the same thing.

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

as one of the very few on here that have any type of support left for Dools at all on here, if Clear isn't booted, I'll lose what little support for him I have left. He stole a freaking MacBook from someone. It makes no difference to me that it was from another athlete. It was someone's MacBook and he just swiped. Dude's a klepto, needs help and has lost the right to play football at UTK.

15. Tar Volon

Honestly, in cases where your crime is a crime against teammates (I know this guy was a baseball player, but a lot of it was against teammates), I tend towards letting the captains decide whether Clear should stay on the team. Now I can't imagine the captains would keep him on after he's already stood up in front of them and apologized but then keeps stealing shit. If they do, take a page out of Oklahoma's book and go full-year suspension.

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

so had he stole it from some Engineering student from Morristown, how would you handle it?

17. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

unless charges are reduced, he's going to be a convicted felon. A convicted felon. There's no debate here.

18. Tar Volon

Eleventy-second offense? Boot him. I'm comfortable handling it differently if it's a crime against teammates instead of a crime against random students. That said, I fully expect the result would be the same in either case. But you might do some good by giving the captains an opportunity to step up and take care of things. Lord knows they need to.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Can't see any way he stays.

20. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I'm really struggling to find the difference. Can you help me out?