Car Crash Yesterday

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Steve C., Feb 29, 2012.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Y'all have some laws in California that are just plain insane. Glad I moved from there after my first 1 1/2 of life! Born in Los Angeles.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's like that pretty much with everything, droski. Thing is, it's totally preventable. Get a cab or have a DD. It's not that difficult.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Correct me Droski if I'm wrong, but I believe you're saying at .09, there's a good chance that there was another reason for the wreck, not because the guy was too impaired to drive.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

How many fatalities from sober drivers? Is one too many then too?

5. Oldvol75

All of them. Texting, not paying attention and any thing else that distracts one from what they are doing is one too many. I've taught for too many years seeing kids killed in car wrecks. But then those that have been killed because someone just happened to get in a car after drinking is too sad.

6. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

For those interested: kid had heart surgery and will undergo surgery on his jaw tomorrow.

7. JayVols

Sounds better than a few days ago. Do you know him?

8. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

No, the only contacts in the Central area I know are athletes who didn't want to play for the Cougars and thus transferred up here.

9. JayVols

Ok. With the area of the crash could very well have been TN High students. I have many buddies that work at TN High- used to coach with 2 of them:Coach Mays and Little Coach Stubbs (we called him Stubby). Coach Proffitt is alao a buddy. Coached softball against him when he was the HC.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Rip their finger nails off and dip there hands in 87 octane?

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Anyone from the Tri-Cities area remember the drag racing crash on Roan St in JC that killed the David Crockett HS Homecoming Queen in '05? Not only did I know the kid that plowed into the Honda Pilot, but I made a lot of the videos that were used for the news. I didn't film the footage, but the footage that I wasn't allowed to put on the air would make anyone on here squeamish and disgusted. I'll freely admit that seeing the footage made me cry for people I absolutely didn't know. It was awful

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

So what about wrecks without negligent behavior behind them? Is one too many then?

13. JayVols

Bill, yeah, I referenced that earlier. What part of the Tri are you from?

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would argue they are almost all the result of negligent behavior.

15. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Johnson City/Boones Creek with a little bit of Jonesborough mixed in. How 'bout we just say Washington County?

16. Oldvol75

Yes, we should outlaw all forms of transportation and just sit in our on homes. Don't go out the door, we'd hate to lose you! But then I again, I've always heard that accidents happen within 5 miles from home, so I guess I'll have to move!

17. JayVols

I'm in Hawkins Co. We're practically neighbors. Good to know there's some NE TN boys around. You attend Boone or Crockett?

18. JayVols

Preacherman rockin the sarcasm. I like it. :)

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Yep. Always considered Volunteer a rival, but it was far fetched for most. Volfanjo is another NE TN kid. He might get mad for me bringing this up, but he was a guy you paid a lot of attention to if you played baseball against UH.

20. JayVols

How old is he? I had a zero ERA in baseball half way through the season my JR year. One hanging curveball later and that was spoiled. We were playing UH at Cardinal park. My SS who is also my cousin (he played at ETSU) came trotting in to me, patted me on the ass and said, ' That one just shot that perfect ERA all to shit.' Then jogged back to his position.