card's at the walk in clinic thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 26, 2014.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I watched one of their commercials yesterday. They claim Tamiflu reduces the average person's flu symptoms by 1.3 days. Probably worth it.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The doc that met with me as well as our pediatrician/friend vouches this is true. However, the pediatrician doesn't prescribe it to kids for fear of some neurological issues.

As long as I am sitting down and such I feel fine. Of course, just got through doing what I always do and over-do it, so right now I am paying for that.

3. CardinalVol

That said, if you really want to get rid of those unwanted December pounds you picked up, this is the most effective and efficient method I've found yet. And if you want to let it play out without meds, cheapest too.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

With tamiflu copay being in the 100 dollar range. If you're not at risk and healthy, better to just ride it out.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Tequila, NyQuil, and orange juice for me.

6. CardinalVol

F. That.

They could have charged me $1,000 on Friday and I'd paid it and not batted an eye.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A day or two back at work is worth a lot more than that, IMO.

And, unfortunately, it's not just the at risk folks that are done in by the flu.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

That's awesome.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's funny, I never went to a doctor for anything until I had little ones. Now, I'm scared shitless I'll pass it on to them and go if I start coughing

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My carrier monkeys catch everything at school and bring it home to share with us. It's a vicious cycle.

11. CardinalVol

The wife forced me to go this time. Glad she did.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

13. CardinalVol

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahaha

3 years in and nothing too terrible brought home yet

16. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

You ought to try teaching in an elementary school. They just love to cough and sneeze all over you.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Towards November, college freshmen are all mucus-filled and gross. Constant sniffling, sneezing, and coughing. It is like some of their STD's are trying to get out and away from the rest of their STD's.

18. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I am a reading buddy for two first grades, and I have spent Christmas break hacking and coughing.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is also a poor tax in that the poor end up paying a larger percentage of their income in state taxes than I do because I do not spend all of my money.

Some will say it promotes saving and investment, but I would prefer an income tax over all of this other crap our super progressive state does.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have two kids, but have been pretty fortunate. We have never been germaphobes and rarely take the kids to the doctor. If it is a virus and they are not running some crazy fever, there is nothing the docs can do anyway.