card's at the walk in clinic thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 26, 2014.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

That is exactly my point. Those who are in lower income brackets pay a much higher percentage of their income with the current tax situation. A properly written income tax code with a straight percentage and no loopholes combined with a reduction of all the hidden and sales tax rates would be much more fair. Plus we would be more cognizant of how much we are paying. Tennessee loses considerable revenue to the bordering states where these current tax rates are lower. Here in Bristol, most of the retail development has occurred in Virginia because of this.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

**** an income tax. If there's any tax at all, I want pure consumption tax. Pay for what you use, not what you make. Bracket goods according to necessity - necessary goods taxed little/none (basic food items, winter clothing), frivolous goods taxed highly (luxury cars, alcohol/tobacco, etc.)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The easiest is to implement a flat tax with those in poverty with a reduction.

High taxes on consumption leads to blacks markets and illegal activity

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I was a fan of the 6-0 plan floated a few years back, 6% income tax and a 0% sales tax.

5. JayVols

I can't believe Bass Pro built in Tennessee rather than a mile up the interstate in Virginia. I'll be spending all my money in the Cabelas that's coming to Bristol, VA by the end of next year now that all the bonds have sold. Lower sales tax and they actually sell walleye stuff.

The way the Exit 7 area in VA has exploded the last 15 years is absolutely amazing.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, as if no taxes is an option.

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

If elected a moderator on the next go around, I will do away with taxes.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I would like to nominate Oldvol75 to be a moderator. I don't have any pull here, but I do have VIP access and I can quote The Big Lebowski.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Cannot think of a better qualification.

10. JayVols

You're more qualified than me.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oldvol already has authority over mods. Being a mod would be a demotion.

12. InVolNerable

It should be.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You can't go all willy nilly electing mods. This isn't 'Nam, kmf, there are rules

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Forget it Donny, you're out of your element.

15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the ****, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the **** are you talking about?

16. JayVols

Then you get to use no roads, have no police/fire/military protection, no food inspection, no product safety inspection, no access to the courts, etc etc etc.

17. InVolNerable

All of that can be privatized and payed accordingly.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's a juvenile fantasy.

19. JayVols

For profit courts... Sounds like a wonderful idea.

Go live on an island is all I can tell you.

20. JayVols

Blackwater worked out well, didn't it?

And private prisons pushing for more bullshit laws to incarcerate more folks, that's great too.