POLITICS Carlson on Liberals

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

The avoidance of substantive discussion is intentional on both sides for very different reasons.

justingroves likes this.
  2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That’s a fantastic question, just not for the reasons you likely intended.

3. Tenacious D

Not if the nomination is withdrawn.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

You gonna lay something on me about a Democrat conspiracy?

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If this guy is innocent and can’t handle a little heat, I don’t want him deciding the future of this country through it’s laws.

Maybe we differ.

VolDad likes this.
  6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Am I allowed to agree with this?

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dumb

8. Ssmiff

Pressure is one thing. Getting drug thru the mud for the world to see, kids involved, etc is another.

9. fl0at_

WON’T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

This guy will make decisions that affect millions of children for a century.

If he can’t take a little heat, he can go away.

Volst53 likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

What does your job responsibility have to do with you and your family dealing with bullshit?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's a 1:1 relationship.

12. Ssmiff

Handling heat for a more than likely bs story from 40 years ago is a determinate on his ability as scotus? Ha. Ok whatever,

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have no idea as to whether the story is more than likely BS any more than I would know if it were more than likely true. It was 36 years ago: 1982. Folks demand perfect clarity from her but can't even keep the details that have been said straight.

14. Ssmiff

I deduced it.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I don't disagree with that idea in general, but I also don't think anyone here believes that hasn't already happened even without this allegation.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am as inclined to believe her as not. Doesn't seem that far fetched that someone did that to her. Teenage drunk guys with a hard [penis] and no conscious.

Lets pretend it is true. A drunk teen boy gets on top of a clothed girl at a party. His friend is present and jumps on his back. She gets up, goes to the bathroom, and leaves.

Is that enough to prevent the boy from becoming SCOTUS decades later. I think not.

And PS: This guy is a POS. Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) during Thursday’s “Morning Joe ” on MSNBC weighed in on Brett Kavanaugh’s potential confirmation to the Supreme Court amid sexual misconduct allegations from over 30 years ago by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, saying the GOP is signaling that they are “OK” with “putting someone who committed attempted rape on the Supreme Court of the United States.”

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  17. Tenacious D

I’m unconcerned with the prospect of Kavanaugh’s not being confirmed.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Nope. Disagree. I couldn't find a Strange supporter where I work and live during the week. I'd have voted for someone from the green party before strange.

19. fl0at_

Then you made an odd reply.

20. fl0at_

It isn’t binary or a check in the box.

If he is truly innocent, and gives in to social pressure, at any point, over any false pressure, he should not be on the court. Period.

I don’t think he’s likely to give in, and not does Tenny. He just felt the need to say words.