Carolina Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 9, 2021.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

At some point in the 2nd or 3rd quarter they flashed a graphic that said the team has already scored more points this year than all of last year.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I said it last week, and I'll say it again. When we win like we did today, it makes watching the rest of the games today that much better.

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Without a doubt

4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

So full house next week? Or did Ole Miss return some upper deck seats?

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

College Football Stats - College FB Team Rushing Yards per Game | TeamRankings.com

fellas I'm still giddy about our offense and what Heup has done. Take a look at the link. From the miserable crap we dealt with for years, to #4 in rushing. Top 10 scoring. Top 10ish in 3rd down conversions. And with a backup center, backup not very good LG, transfer qbs, having to play 3rd and 4th string rbs. And he has not mentioned one time that I know of, how truly thin and decimated we are.

From 115th or so in O to top 10. In no time.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

Question for any medical professionals out there: is a 20 hour erection something I should be concerned about? Asking for a friend.

VolDad, hohenfelsvol and Volsdude like this.
  7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’ve seen enough commercials to know you should contact five doctors.

hohenfelsvol and OneForVol like this.
  8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Very similar to how quickly he turned around Missouri offensively when he became their OC.

lylsmorr and justingroves like this.
  9. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I honestly haven't been this excited about Tennessee football since probably 2009.

Or 2016 before we imploded in the second half of the season. But let's not talk about that.

10. Tar Volon

I was enjoying the ride in 2016 but was also waiting for the other shoe to drop. 2009 was genuine excitement.

Overall a painful memory, but there was also a big flash of excitement in 2011, after we thrashed Cincinnati and before Hunter and Bray got injured.

RevBubbaFlavel likes this.
  11. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Tempered by Dooley

12. Tar Volon

At that point, Dooley was coming off a six-game regular season winning streak, had hired two coordinators with excellent reputations, and was actually contributing things like sneaky onside kick attempts that turned games when we needed them. It went downhill fast, but there was a flash of real optimism.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2016 was fun but the first loss caused Butch's house of lies to fold. You can pull up old posts from that time, I think all of us knew to enjoy it because it was going to crash hard.

2011 was the same way, really. Dooley was such a shithead that no one wanted to deal with him but if you're winning, it's hard to complain.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've been to Neyland twice this year. I went twice during Pruitt's three year tenure and once during Butch. My kids are older, enjoying it and asking to go but I don't mind watching Heupel's teams either.

The team has legitimately gotten better every week. Look at what plagued them early on, pre snap penalties and poor qb play. Now, the pre snap penalties are nearly non existent and Hooker has settled in.

Velus has gotten healthy is a playmaker.

Linebackers have settled themselves into a nice unit.

The third string nickel back just had 14 tackles and only one bust in coverage.

The 4th string tailback was co SEC freshman of the week after the Missouri game.

The best deep threat on the team is a guy that couldn't get on the field for Mississippi State.

He's got the team playing up to their recruiting rankings. He's dismantled two lower tier SEC teams and had Tennessee in striking distance against Florida midway through the 3rd quarter.

It's the first time in a long time the entire team looks better week to week.

That being said, I'm encouraged by the results but I'm not getting too excited until the ncaa investigation is over and we see exactly how well this staff recruits

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One other thing, you turn the ball over, Heupel is attempting to score immediately afterwards. It's nice to see

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

You would think the offensive output would bode well for recruiting.

We are at the very least, very fun to watch.

justingroves likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

We need the investigation to conclude.

18. NorrisAlan

As far as the NCAA goes, I would seriously tell them to [uck fay] off and we are not accepting any penalties. Someone has to tell them to eat shit

Memtownvol and Volgrad98 like this.
  19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The NCAA needs to realize that we are another cash cow if they would quit [uck fay]ing with us.

20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I was going to write something similar but I knew you'd be along shortly with a more eloquent statement.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.