Carolina Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 9, 2021.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

There is a high level of confidence from everyone and I think a large part of that comes from the coaches putting them in situations that they know they can handle and on defense specifically the players trust them their coaching and have faith in their game planning

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

As far as the NCAA investigation goes, you have to think that having less than 75 scholarship players this year and not going bowling last year, as well as firing the entire coaching staff and getting rid of the alleged players involved is a positive going forward. Probably means we have already been penalized enough and nothing more added.

IP likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's what the goal is but it's the NCAA

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Nothing happened to LSU basketball and their charges were more egregious.

Memtownvol and Duckman like this.
  5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

But we're Tennessee

6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's still ongoing somehow.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they can't complete the investigation within 1 year of the accusation, that ought to affect the type of penalties they can impose. It is simply unjust to be punishing players that were not there.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I say [uck fay] the NCAA as a whole and if I were P5 football, I would tell them to shove it up their ass and leave.

But that is just me.

Poppa T likes this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Especially since we have already done the investigating ourselves for the NCAA. Not like we are getting in their way.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Just give William Wade a 15 year show cause and leave their program alone then.

A-Smith and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We finish this season strong along with showing that our success is putting asses in seats home and away and the league office will make a case to the NCAA to back off any punishment of substance.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This. A lot of teams are currently using it against us.

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

And that is actually punishment itself in addition to anything like scholarships and bowl. Hard to quantify but it’s true.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

And me.

15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Someone in the building has to have proof or clear enough knowledge of what’s going on in Tuscaloosa and Athens. I wouldn’t put it in such clear terms, but I’d basically say we’re going to burn this whole thing down if we’re punished further.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We beat junior in football, volleyball, soccer, and hockey this weekend.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Carolina’s got ‘em a winner.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Did you know that USCjr has a dedicated special teams coach? They mentioned it during the broadcast, once or twice.

19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

He’s basically just Butch Jones. They should have hired Chadwell and put an SEC level staff around him.

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He is just like Butch.