Caucus Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 1, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It has begun.

Now we can get to the issues that matter.

[​IMG]

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thought this was going to be a thread about white people.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Outside of Carson, it is.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It should be interesting how this goes tonight. The nature of the caucus means that the lead for Trump in the polls doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot. This is also the beginning of the season in which a number of the lesser candidates start dropping off and looking towards the leaders to barter their support for their own gain. I wonder how it will shake out when the Bush, Carson, etc. supporters have to divvy themselves up among the remaining candidates.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't think it works like that for GOP. The parties do them differently.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I took it that he was wondering how the race would take shape once those guys start dropping out of the race over the my few weeks.

You are correct that the republican caucus doesn't involve 2nd option votes. The democrats have that and a viability component. I don't know all the inner workings though.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ah yes, I reread it. I see what he meant now.

Yeah, going to be interested to see how this shakes out.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I read an article a few years back that likened the transfer of support among candidates during the winnowing of candidates in the primaries to that on American Idol. Sadly, I think that is too apt an analogy these days.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Caucus.

Sounds like a word that our Google overlords should star out.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I just think Iowa is stupid.

And very depressing.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

from your article. vote buying doesn't work huh IP?

[​IMG]

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is no secret that the majority of Americans making less than 50k feel marginalized. Those votes weren't bought, they were freely pledged.

All of us under 100k serfs have to stick together.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's amazing how that "marginalization" directly coincides with supporting the dude that has promised to give them the most shit. all coincidence i'm sure.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's funny. Those damn 80 thousand serfs

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm being tongue in cheek, since droski made that claim when a similar proportion was 50k and up which was similar to Clinton. Are you saying droski's "buying votes" comment based on those percentages are stupid? Then we agree. Are you just piling on but accidentally contradicted the narrative? Then you should vote for Trump.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think every canadate from both parties is vote buying. The only thing that changes is their audiences of who they're selling to at the time.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I interpret that to mean you also think drawing a distinguishment of "vote buying" from those numbers is silly.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think it shows that younger dems are more likely to vote for sanders which is really going to determine if he can beat Clinton m