Chaney....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Big O, Dec 8, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

correct.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'll take Starkville over Fayetteville for a short visit. I got better food when I went to Starkville. I ain't hiring a realtor for either.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I was actually really surprised he took the job. He was in it for the Arkansas job and just kind of faded to the Mizzou job. Part of me thinks he knows the east is easier to compete in than the west and thought that would give him more job stability.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He's going to make $4 million over $750k at App St. Also more than Pruitt is making.

Not sure what Arky offered him, but Pittman is getting $3 mill.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

You’re nuts. Fayetteville is way nicer. The area itself is nice and economically strong. You must just hate Arky as Northwest Ark is one of the most desirable places to live in the US. South and East Arkansas not so much.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've been. I'll pass. Buy some land there. Sounds like it'd be wise. I'm content with my obvious hatred of the place.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only good thing in east and south Arkansas is the duck hunting.

A-Smith and TDVol1989 like this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That is another thing that really surprised me. Mizzou coming up with that kind of cash for his salary and also paying his 1.7 million dollar buyout.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, I thought they were broke

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Same.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Making seniors carry heavy stones home is enough for me not to send my kid there

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Do what ?

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Nothing to worry about here, right?

Even if Pittman wanted him, he couldn’t bring him back, could he? It begins to look too much like the staff they ran off a few years ago. Wouldn’t be well received, I’d think. Don’t know why Chaney would want to bother with that if he’s happy here.

14. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

maynardville says hey!

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It’s pretty desolate. Jonesboro is called the “oasis of the delta.” If you’ve ever been to Jonesboro you know that that must make the rest pretty awful. But I think the boot heel of Missouri is the crown jewel of it all over there. I simply cannot imagine having to live there. Hayti. Steele. Apologies if any of you all call that home.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah the boot heel is brutal.
    I flew into Salt Lake City once and thought all that out there looked like the moon

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My grandmother had a cousin or something that lived in Bernie. My dad would take her there to visit and even as like a 10 year old I knew that entire place was awful.

18. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

had to live close to Jonesboro for two years then got transferred back to God's country.
    moved in the week of Thanksgiving and had to kill mosquitoes.
    lot's of brown recluse found their way into the house.
    tornado's, rice patties, duck hunting and some trout fishing are notables.
    but .... deer hunting is a religion .... no one goes to work opening day, when there, the local high school rescheduled the Friday night football game because deer season opened on Saturday morning .... it was a trip
    Crawley's Ridge is the only high ground of the delta in the eastern part of the state

justingroves, TDVol1989 and A-Smith like this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It’s bleak. Just crossing the Mississippi on 155 the difference between the Tennessee side and Missouri side is stark. You notice how much nicer it is on the Tennessee side instantly.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I also lived there two years. Lived on Crowley’s Ridge north of town. Mosquitos were said to be much better there. I can’t imagine if so. Some of them were like granddaddy longleg size (I’m only slightly exaggerating). Ducks. Cotton. Rice. They love their Red Wolves. Also about the nicest bunch of people I was ever around.