Charlotte highlights

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by dknash, Nov 4, 2018.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No injuries and a check in the W column. The only highlights.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I couldn't watch it as I didn't have access to the channel. That is my highlight.

Volgrad98, Joseph Brant and kmf600 like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i'm watching now and gonna give random thoughts here as I go. Bored. First thing, on that early sack, I think we should have a play that takes longer with a bad ol, and 57 is running away from a blocker to nowhere.
    On early 2nd and 1- from 44 after a good pass to Calloway with 12 minutes, JG has a great pocket and chooses to throw into double coverage on the sideline to #4, as Jennings is running a deep in and is an easy throw with no safety around for a big gain. JG had no idea 2 defenders on 4 means somebody to his left is 1 v 1 and on a crossing route. Clueless.

5. Ssmiff

1st and 10, 3 minutes 1sr quarter at 50, we tip off the defense again with JG hands behind his back flipping them. Charlotte has 100% confidence its a run and front 7 attacks line of scrimmage and are all at the los when JG hands the ball to Banks 5 yards deep. Cant believe tipping off the play is still happening. We expect to run with this OL while telling the opponent when and where we are running?

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My kids met Santa Vol.

We had excellent seats.

My son watched a 4 quarter football game pretty intently and sees stuff as it is happening.

Poppa T, hohenfelsvol and Memtownvol like this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well, that is the best thing I have heard from yesterday.

8. Ssmiff

Ridiculous 2018-11-04_07.48.58.jpg

9. Ssmiff

57 missed the block, but QB has to plant and step up into the 5 yards of clear space in front of him. JG took the sack basically right where he is, when a simple athletic 2 or 3 steps up may avoid the DE, vs taking it in the belly and fumble
    1104180835.jpg

10. Ssmiff

. 1104180903.jpg 1104180903a.jpg
    With time, late, and 10 yards underthrown.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Bad day of O play and calls. Thanks god the D showed up.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Good onya, Card.

I took my 2 granddaughters (9 and 11) and my son went with me. I started taking the grandkids to one game a year when they turn 5. Girls was this weekend, 3 boys get the Mizzou game. 2 of boys are already in HS and 1 in middle school or junior high (whatever they call it now).
    Taking the kids to Neyland is the only thing that have kept me sane the last 10+years.

P.S. We suck at football.

TBSVOL, zehr27, justingroves and 2 others like this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Took my son to his first game on Saturday, so that puts this shit show as one of the best games I've attended in Neyland. We sit in O, so both TDs were right in front of us. He thought it was awesome and I damn near shed a tear watching him get excited.

NYY, Savage Orange, Poppa T and 6 others like this.
  14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Banks didn’t fumble the ball. That’s progress...

NorrisAlan and hohenfelsvol like this.
  15. Ssmiff

I noticed 2 arms on it as he went in for contact.

16. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

5 year old daughter’s first game.

She enjoyed everything about the trip except sitting still in a seat and watching the game, which I expected.

Poppa T, kmf600 and NorrisAlan like this.