Charlottesville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 13, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or maybe whoever made it thought "we'll make this statue the goofiest looking thing around since it's Nathan Bedford Forrest."

If so, that's a good smart ass response

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People calling for the killing of cops are worthless scum. Skin color doesn't matter, the name of your organization or movement doesn't matter, wanting to kill someone because of their profession makes you a worthless piece of shit.

That goes for people blowing up abortion clinics too.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

the look on Forrest's face is cartoonish. Looks like my middle kid created it.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I share the concerns of the African American community regarding their treatment at the hands of the Police. They have been claiming injustice for decades without any relief. Then videos started appearing and reluctant DA's ignored most and pressed tepid charges on a few; only to have ignorant jurors ignore what they see with their own eyes.

With that said, since the founding of BLM there have been far more violence, property damage, and murders at their protest than at the hands of any Neo-Nazi or KKK events combined.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Valid points. And while it does go beyond white-power events and to violence committed by individuals with similar mindsets, there is too much violence in the BLM camp. I know that the organization must struggle with exactly how to deal with it because there is so much raw emotion. They just have to be extremely careful that they aren't hijacked by an antifa bro-let's-break-some-stuff wing.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Do you know anyone personally offended by any of this?

I asked a friend at work if he's offended by any of it. He said, "Being offended is white people shit."

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Your friend needs to let his brothers and sisters in on that tidbit because ain't no shortage of offended black folk round hurr....

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Anecdotal PROOF!

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Where do you get this idea that:
    1. People are offended?
    2. Offense is necessary to change a wrong to a right?

If someone working for you does something wrong, are you offended? Or do you just correct the mistake and try to make sure it doesn't happen again?

It seems like you are projecting this idea of offense, rather than arriving at it logically.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, I am not offended, I think it is just the right thing to do. We shouldn't be honoring traitors of the United States.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'm only offended when people don't take offense.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If people don't like others being offended, they should be more defensive.

13. fl0at_

Defense wins championships though.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Championships are offensive to losers.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's not my job to stop me from attempting to make outrageous points.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We used to have someone here who would argue that point with you.

17. fl0at_

Yea, but he got offended.

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Hopefully this is just a bad joke, but it appears that ESPN has pulled an Asian American annoucer off of the UVA season opener against William & Mary because his name is Robert Lee. They thought it might offend some people after what happened in Charlottesville.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

They aren't wrong to think that some people will claim to be offended.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably shouldn't have replaced him with Dave Hitler, though.