Charlottesville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 13, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Richard Stalin was already booked.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's a lawsuit.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This might be our best opportunity to get Duke off our tv screens.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Apparently it's not a joke, ESPN just released a statement confirming the story. My God

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The East will rise again.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Well, to be fair, they did have to apologize for having a fantasy football draft on TV.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

As there should be.

8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

From USA Today's Dave Wolken:

Makes sense to me, or at least doesn't make me think it means the world is ending, but to each his own

9. NashVol11

Laughed a lot at this

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Makes sense that a guy can't do the job he's worked so hard for because his name is similar to a man that lived 150 years ago?

11. NashVol11

Yep

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Meh. It's pretty bad we live in a climate where a guy is afraid he can't do his job simply because people will probably raise hell about a name you know his parents didn't select because of a Civil War general. Pretty lame hat a joke segment that involved bidding on black and white players (much like the NFL draft that routinely makes black people millionaires) warranted an apology.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they're just switching games then there is no harm here. Just a sad state of affairs, but not really due to ESPN.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We realize he's going to be a meme whatever game he's at now, right? Because that is how the internet works. And heaven help us the first time he says something even remotely connectable to the civil war.

Not sure they did this guy and favors.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"Welcome to this years North-South All-Star Football game, I am your announcer, Robert Lee."

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

In the booth with me is US Grant and Heather Beecher Stowe is with us on the sideline

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They should have just steered into it and had him make multiple joking references to the Civil War. What a fourth down stop. I haven't seen a defense stand firm like that since the days of Stonewall Jackson.

18. CardinalVol

How I hope he calls a game involving Georgia with the opponent having a stud player named Sherman.

19. CardinalVol

"Look at the way that receiver separated from the DB! That's hows you emancipate yourself right there!"

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Maybe A&M will rehire Mike after Sumlin goes.