Charlottesville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 13, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And he is the worst of the lot.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well that explains it.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Being in "politics" doesn't make someone political. Miller takes a combative roll in most responses, not a political one.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Don't believe I said it did, nor am I disagreeing.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Was kind of my point.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Take it as a clarification, then.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

When I heard the response Saturday I immediately thought it sounded like a Miller crafted statement.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How would you compare the reaction regarding this event to the reaction of the killings at the BLM protest in Dallas and lack of any Presidental condemnation?

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was actually pretty pissed about that too.

But Obama did it so Trump can do it.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Obama did what?

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Wait... Obama didn't condemn the Dallas cop murders?? I'm sure a Google seach will prove that to be a product of faulty memory...

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The outrage is that Trump did not name the group or groups; correct? Do you remember Obama condemning BLM? A Google search says otherwise.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Does BLM have a 90+ year history of hate and violence like the Nazis? A 125+ year history of hate and violence lime the KKK/white supremacists?

BLM is not my favorite organization in the world, as I think it builds divides and that is not the answer. But I dont think they have a manifesto of kill ******.

I think you cannot compare the situations. Or I am being two faced, and am open to such criticism and will think about it.

14. Savage Orange

That's not what you originally said though. He cut short a European trip to come back to Dallas, iirc... True, Obama never named BLM specifically but nobody in the media was going to press for that because he's one of theirs. Trump is on an island (of his own making for the most part) and his first statement Saturday was weak. None of this would have happened if the skinhead "White Power" crowd hadn't showed up looking for trouble. Coming in with shields, helmets and tiki torches does nothing to foment peaceful purpose.... Trump should absolutely make every effort to call out the people responsible for what happened.

15. Savage Orange

What I'll be interested to see is what happens when the last confederate flag is burned and the last statue is melted down. It's already happening with no letup in sight. When all "offensive" monuments are gone, what then? Time to burn all the books? Bulldoze graveyards?

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You are probably right. Calls to Roast the Pigs; and to Fry them like Bacon is probably about some culinary request. My bad.

17. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

VolDad thinks BLM is similar to the KKK, and has said as much. I've tried this before

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Neither of which is the BLM platform. However I seem to remember Nazis killing Jews, as a ****ing platform

No, VD, there is absolutely no comparison between Nazis and BLM and any argument to the contrary is flatly ignorant

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And it was just as wrong before as it is now. Until BLM starts lynching white kids for talking to black women, I think they can safely claim the moral high ground

20. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

That chant broke out in Minnesota, once. BLM has gathered hundreds and probably thousands of times. Do you honestly believe that that chant accurately captures the message of BLM as a whole?