Checking On Members: The Day After

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by robvols, Dec 8, 2012.

1. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

When the JG thing started, I had doubts about my intelligence.
    Was a donor and season ticket holder for 25 years, till 4 years ago.
    This morning, thanks to CBJ, my intelligence has been re-affirmed.

2. robvols

robvols Member

Looks like your money will be going to something else, TBS

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Mother****.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

This is where I am. Anger is warranted for what the UT admin has done, and will subside to an extent with time. I am not turning my back on Tennessee football, but there will not be a dime from me until they prove they are serious about winning. The first step is removing Hart and Cheek and getting competent replacements. Even then we have to hope like hell that get lucky with Butch Jones, because nothing points to him winning championships here. Nothing. And our friend Dave Hart has made damn sure we'll be saddled with him for a few years.

I don't blame anyone for doing what they have to do to cope with all that has transpired; if that means letting go of your anger and getting behind Jones, great. I hope he is successful here, but if he isn't the football program may be irrevocably damaged. I'm not going into a 10 year depression over it but I am certainly not going to ignore it either. The best thing that can happen, in my opinion, is to begin removal of all obstacles in place right now - people and process. Establish administrative infrastructure (people and process) conducive to winning while the Jones tenure plays out, and be in excellent position to get it right next time. Hopefully the damage will not be too great at that point.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  5. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

absolutely Rob, spoiling grandkids is much more enjoyable than sitting in a seat watching mediocrity & ineptness on Saturdays

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've pretty much moved on to disgust of the fan base that was won over by a press conference and playing the true fan card.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

My apathy will be unmatched. I really don't any longer care. I just want the idiots who perpetrated this on the UT brand to pay - in spades. Unfortunately, these two ****ing morons have no financial stake in this and no personal stake, so they are completely removed from any ramifications and that is ****ing retarded on the part of the university. The ADs gig has to be tied to AD financial results. Mother**** I'm pissed.

I am unequivocally stating that I would be a better AD than the idiot up there.

8. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

seems to me since PF was fired, we've hired a punk, pimp and a piper

9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Yep, had to know it was coming though.

I wanted a better coach, but I have no ill will towards Jones. Dude is taking the money and prestige of a SEC job likely coaches would. My anger lies with Hart and Cheek. For that, I will withhold donations. I will still watch the games (almost exclusively on TV rather than in person) and support the kids on the team.

10. TurtleTiz

TurtleTiz Member

I found out about the "true fan" card yesterday. Took it out of my vocabulary. Sorry about that one guys. New to the boards all together. Picked 8th as my first and don't regret it.

11. gcbvol

A wholly underwhelming press conference at that. I hate to beat up on our fan base but, goodness, the sheer lack of intelligence stuns me. There really is a sheep mentality that is sad to see and frustrating to deal with.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I thought I would be over it today, ready to shrug my shoulders and accept the ass raping. Instead, I literally woke up with a mixture of depression and anger. Hell, the fact that I woke up thinking about UT football tells me how deep this wound is, as I normally have my agenda for the day, or whatever, hit me first. I simply couldn't believe that we had Gruden in our grip and two ****tards decided to sabotage the deal for ****ing Butch Jones.

The more I think about it, the angrier I get. The 6 year contract. The $4 million buyout. The **** you to all the fans. People telling me to suck it up and support the coach because "he needs it". All of it. How people let this shit happen infuriates me. I think it will haunt me for years to know how close we were to being an alpha dog again and have it whisked away so cruelly.

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

IMO, true fan card people are the worst.nMost of the time I envision it being some redneck who never stepped foot inside a classroom or never dropped a dime to UT telling a graduate or donating person they are not a true fan like them.

14. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

And the administration counts on the sheep mentality to get around 70k fans in the stadium on average. They seem content with that.

15. gcbvol

True. They are a major part of perpetuating the problems and don't even realize it.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Today I'm still angry and want nothing to do with the program. I want blood and I want heads to roll. Not sure how I'll feel in 9 months time, but the university won't be getting my monetary support for quite some time, that's for sure.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Though I am mad that we didn't get Gruden, and I am beyond pissed at Dave Hart and Jimmy Cheek, as far as Butch Jones goes, I am willing to give him a chance. More of the wait and see approach. I want to see what kind of staff he formulates, how good of a recruiter he is, and I want to see if this team looks physical in the spring before I make any judgments about him personally.

I have not spent any money on UT since the Florida game this September (hot dog and a coke then). No merchandise or concessions inside of Neyland and no merchandise outside of Neyland. That will likely continue.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

People agreeing to "just move on" is why we went to [ddiapos] then to Butch Jones.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm going to put my new Power T sticker on my car, and probably replace the yard flag that has bleached.

I need a new hat. I'm pretty sure my mother in law will buy me something from utsports.com for Christmas.

The love will be there, but the passion won't.

20. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

UT grad and vol fan for many, many years going through all the ups and downs.
    However, no matter what, we've always had the swagger that we are Tennessee and we can beat your ass on any given day.
    Although I didn't like Kiffen's arrogance worth a damn, I still felt we could win with him.
    Really wanted the Drools to succeed, but he started losing me when he started throwing our kids under the bus, then LSU, then KY, then Mizzo, then Vandy, to da to da to da.
    IMO, Dooley totally destroyed our swagger.
    CBJ is obviously an unknown no-name quantity to us; however, for our kids, I honestly hope he proves to be one of our greatest coaches of all time.
    Don't agree or like the hire, but if this guy can prove to us that we can regain our swagger, that's what I'm looking for.
    With the press conference awkward reference to Peyton, answering a question using his marriage, reading part of his speech word for word, and above all, the very fake Dream Job remarks, I started getting that sinking feeling. Obviously, he's only got one way to go with me!
    Thanks to the gayturd and the bammer, we have him.
    Bottom line, we could very well go through this crap again if our administration continues to refuse to let true Tennessee people run the UTAD.
    The top of the food chain at UTK is not stable. It didn't use to be that way.
    Now I feel better and promise not to rant again.