Checking out Neyland

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Going to Tennessee in a couple weeks with some friends. My best friend has never been to a big college football stadium so i figured I'd show him the best one. Will we be able to get in Neyland and just walk around and check it out? I don't know anything about the rules they have for the stadium, but I figured someone on here was bound to know something about it.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

take him to a game Indy!!!

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

No you wont be able to, and I cant remember, but I think the it is even locked up 3 hours prior kickoff

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I've always managed to find an open gate and snoop around, especially this time of year as they are doing stadium prep. But there may be an official day or time they do tours.

If you fake like you want season tickets I'm sure development would let you have a look see.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Call ahead Indy, in the past you could arrange to get to duck in and take a look. All else fails, walk around the stadium and find an open gate (usually towards the South end there are some). Don't wander from that open gate, and if anyone approaches you apologize, plead ignorance, and comply with their instructions to leave.

I've done this twice, it isn't a big deal as long as you aren't running around making trouble.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'd love to but he's going into the Navy and leaves August 28th. That's the main reason we are taking the trip down there to tenn.

Idk how believable a few 20 year olds claiming to be interested in season tickets will be.. lol

If I was gonna call, is there a specific person or department i need to call as far as you (or anyone else) knows? I figured we'd just end up walking around hoping to find an open gate.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not sure who, specifically. Like I said, the South gates tend to be open. Sometimes the gates in the southwestern part too.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Indy, I've always found the gates underneath Gate 10 on the southside like IP said to be open, or poorly protected. It's simple: if you can get in, don't be dumb and run on the field or anything like that. If you see maintenance or security explain the situation. Your not the first person to want a peek a Neyland.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

And yes, lawfully speaking, people in development would be the best bet. They give tours all the time to prospective customers.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Call the football office. Tell the secretary your friend is joining the Navy and you guys are making a special trip to Knoxville to see Neyland. I almost guarantee they'll take care of you in a major way.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whatever happens, stay off the field.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

is this a jmoore reference?

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

A buddy tried to impress a girl by running on the field one night and about got his brains beat in. I've been told the field has motion sensors. TIFWIW.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Thanks for all the info guys. We don't wanna run on the field or do anything stupid... well, okay, I guess I would love to run on the field but I wouldn't do that. lol I just wanna show them how big and amazing the stadium is. It's one of those things you just gotta see because words can't describe it. I'll probably look into calling some people and if all else fails, I'll check out some of the southern gates. Thanks again!

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have heard enough accounts like yours to think it must have motion sensors. They know right away.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They do.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Gate ten is open most all the time and as hat said, tell them your buddy is joining the navy and they'll take care of you

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Motion sensors... lol that would be sick. I'll be sure to mention the Navy part when I call. Hopefully it will all work out cuz I know my friend will be really impressed. Plus, it's been a while since I've been to Neyland. I miss it. It's such an amazing place.

20. WM

WM Active Member

I laffed