Cheek to step down.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Dooz, Jun 21, 2016.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If this place didn't have walls I'd be holding the roof up too. They better. I'm closing on a house Friday.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Please get someone who understands one can strengthen academics without sacrificing athletics.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I think the Serrano hiring is proof that UT doesn't really care how educated you are.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Very shameful hire.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

meh, i'll say the same thing now I did then, they hired him to coach baseball, which up until then he'd done well at.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't trust people to manage students that couldn't manage being one themselves.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Meh. He isn't an academic teacher. In fact, I had no idea coaches were required to have a degree until I heard about Sarrano's troubles. It is simply another facade put up by the schools to pretend they are doing it for "academic reasons".

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

When was the last time you watched a game to see a coach turn in his dissertation?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

What does that have to do with wanting the leader of student athletes to have proven that they know how to be a student?

Why even have this argument? Serrano was a failure here. I wasn't surprised, I guess some of you were.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I didn't know it until reading this post. I don't really follow college baseball, I just thought the Serrano thing was a big deal because he lied.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Still, at the time he was hired, he'd had nothing but success.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You don't need a college degree to win in California. You do in Tennessee. It's pretty obvious.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Congratulations on the house.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Thanks

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Get a little woman pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen and you're living the American dream

16. JohnnyQuickkick

let's not rush into all that

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think that's safe to say

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

hey-oh!

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If Hart doesn't go like you said, NY, I'm coming after you. I know where you work...

As to the coach/degree thing, my dad barely had a high school education, but every engineer where he worked came to him when shit needed fixed/designed correctly. Don't get me wrong, I think it's best to have a legit degree, but not having one doesn't mean a coach can't do the job.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick has a girlfriend, just throwing that out there