POLITICS Chris Cuomo

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by kmf600, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You don’t need to do this. They can each be wrong. But we’re not talking about this, and no one else is either, because two dipshits (admittedly, probably Trump supporters) said something stupid to some random dude at a party, and in front of his kin.

Hell, my family calls this “Every Thanksgiving, ever”.

It’s a story because Cuomo’s crazily over-the-top reaction / responding with threats of violence and stupidly trying to allege that calling him the name of a movie character is akin to calling a black person the n-word.

That he’s in the public eye and even stopped (stooped?) to engage in such a moronic discussion is so surprising as to be shocking - it’d be akin to my seeing Luke Solo out in town and trying to argue with him about the flawed design of the Enterprise’s warp phasers. Anything more than politely and attentively listening, possibly offering an agreeing nod and a “thanks” before quickly exiting the conversation / vicinity makes him stupid.

That he didn’t do that, but then also said what he said, makes him a douche.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Honestly i laugh a little every time I think about someone calling somebody Fredo and will be using it the rest of my life. Cant believe I hadnt heard it prior.

kmf600 and VolDad like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't make you, but I'd definitely read that thread.

4. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

White
    Christian
    American
    Republican
    Property owner

:p

5. Tenacious D

Uhm, you’re welcome.
    [​IMG]

zehr27 likes this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I have no problem with him standing up to the guy for bothering him while he was with his family. But to compare Fredo to the N word is just plain stupid. I wonder why he hasn't had a problem with it in the past when CNN has used it?

Ssmiff likes this.
  7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t think he’s required to find every use of the word and retroactively be mad about it, in order to be mad at this random guy he confronted for using it.

8. Tenacious D

Fair point.

But he was stupid to engage them, to threaten violence and to claim that calling him a fictitious person’s name was in any way equates to the n-word. Indefensibly stupid.

One needn’t endorse or fail to condemn the idiots who approached him and said something unkind / inappropriate...but neither is his response justified, or even sane, no matter how the conversation occurred.

He’s not any less stupid because they were also stupid, and first.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Oh, his reaction was uncalled for, as was the behavior of the guy who started the whole thing.

But just as black people aren’t required to go back and find every use of the n-word in order to be mad about somebody using it in their presence, he shouldn’t be either. That was my only point there.

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

something about this whole episode, reaction, and interpretation seems to be driven not by the incident itself, but something else. can't quite put my finger on it...

VolDad likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He felt shown up in public by a guy being a douche.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Why didn't he tell the person that said it on his show that it was an offensive word to use?

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Someone did use it in his presence, just not about him.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t know. You’ll have to go back in time ask him.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Why do you have to go back in time to ask him that?

16. Tenacious D

He knows that your question - If he is being sincere in now saying that the name is so insulting to him (his “peoples”?), why didn’t he say anything about it’s use on his show? - is a valid one.

He’s using “time travel” to deflect from it, ostensibly, to defend Chris Cuomo, I guess?

zehr27 likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

what were the slurs for white people you once suddenly decided were bannable for using? And what was the custom user name given to unimane, and who gave it to them?

18. Tenacious D

Sorry, are we talking about Chris Cuomo?

But, to your question, I think it was “Caucasian”, and I banned anyone who liked white people. It was either that or white vegetables. Perhaps white pets.

Honestly, there’s been so many gang rapes since then, I’ve probably forgotten.

I don’t recall Unimane being given any custom name, and I certainly don’t recall my doing that.

zehr27 likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know who did it, I just know it was one of the words you banned

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Did he compare it to the "N" word. If you can't see how dumb that statement is then you have completely lost your damn mind.