Classic Games

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Mar 21, 2020.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

2015 was even more loaded with talent. The blown 4th quarter leads vs Oklahoma ,Florida, and Bama (not quite the coat hanger abortion the first two were) cost us a special season too. That team had playoff talent.

kmf600, utvol0427 and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not many explosive "highlights" per say, but the 2003 Miami game was a defensive and special teams clinic. We flat out went to war that day and prevailed against a ridiculously talented Miami squad. It's a shame we could not beat UGA in the early 2000s.

Memtownvol, kmf600 and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Turns out, Kellen Winslow wasn't a [uck fay]ing soldier

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He was a [uck fay]ing pervert

justingroves likes this.
  5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

2016 team had pretty much every major contributor back, though.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

"Those guys were a year older. When you get older, you lose a step. No way to expect them to compete at an elite level."

- Butch Jones

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Stop talking about that [uck fay] head.

Please.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

"That's the reason they play the game." My dad when he called me 2 minutes after the game ended.

NYY likes this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That 2003 team was very talented but seemed to be in dire need of leadership. To me, 2003 was a frustrating season. I refuse to watch the Bama game from that year regardless of the heaps of praise that fans want to throw on it.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kevin Burnett stepped up in 04 as the kind of leader Fulmer needed

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I can see that. It was so weird. That team got a couple wins better by subtraction.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

2004 was a fun year. Really the last time I truly felt good about the direction of the program.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

06 was fun until Ainge got hurt.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It honestly angered me a little at how easy it was to fix the offense. We had very good talent on both sides of the ball in 2005, but because we had a known moron coaching the O, the whole year was a wash. Had another coordinator been brought in after 2004, 2005 could have been the big time year preseason hype anticipated.

Fulmer has now publicly stated that he decided in 2002 or 2003 he wanted to let Sanders go after the 2004 season, when his contract ran out. Then, he felt like he did a good job with the two freshmen QBs and he changed his mind. Fulmer had the right idea and could have saved himself, but he was too slow to pull the trigger.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Crompton played fine

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My freshman year at Tennessee.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Missed the chance to get a young, hungry, full of vigor Mike DeBord

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Legend has it that Eddie George has panic attacks whenever he sees the number 50.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Watching the 97 Georgia game. Still in the first quarter and Kirby Smart’s lunch money has been taken 3 times already