Clay Travis Periscope, UT is a dumpster fire, Fire Butch

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by ben4vols, Oct 31, 2016.

1. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He spent three minutes pretending to be media coddling an imaginary coach's balls. Was funny.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can't listen to that guy for 10 seconds before I want to strangle him. I wouldn't care if he was reading Psalm 23.

4. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I enjoyed how he says TN has been needle dicking their hires instead of helicopter swinging their big [penis] around. Sadly, he is right. How you can follow Dooley with another small money risky hire, when you have Jon Gruden at the alter....it just boggles the mind.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We were worried about NCAA compliance right when we hired Dave Hart, the guy fired from FSU for the biggest NCAA academic scandal in history at the time. One idiotic hire begets another.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I understand that.

7. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

he is right. unbelieveable that hurd is leaving the program.

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

But butch is the caretaker of Tennessee football, no way he'd let it become a dumpster fire.

9. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

I love Clay. I'm gay for Clay.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He is right about Kongbo. That tweet was him saying he was going to leave and Butch talked him out of it.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

More promises.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

"You can be the new running back."

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Comes with a free concussion protocol guide.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You're shitty as all hell when you can make me agree with Clay Travis.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

LWS on Gruden: (I think he's got some of this right but I think it is also slanted heavily by those that didn't want to give up control)

Was never remotely close.
    The demands he gave some to consider it were off the charts.
    Did not want to report to AD. Report directly to president.
    Did not want compliance over site.
    Wanted a checking account he could use for whatever he wanted without over site.
    Wanted 10 million for his coaching staff.
    There were a couple other requirements but I can't recall them. He had moderate support from a few boosters but vast majority wanted to part and didn't trust him.
    I will add. IMO if we had said yes to demands he would have backed down and said no. Demands were such he knew UT could not accept. He never wanted job. Ad I said jmo

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If we had done all that it would have paid off ten-fold.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So stupid. We are sitting on a profit generating machine and instead of feeding it we are quibbling over small percentages of overhead. Get the best in there and sit back to collect money.

18. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

10 million for staff? Wtf.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's LWS making something up he know can never be confirmed or invalidated. Either that or Gruden wanted to hire Saban as his DC.

20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I love Clay too.

He's right. The only thing that matters is a great coach. Spend the money and get the best one available or be a little penis program. If you are a big penis program (like we claim to be) do it ****ing right.