Coach Martin

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Volguy1971, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

A month ago, I would have said there was no way in hell do we get into the dance, going as far to think that he should be on the next Allied Van moving truck out of town.

It is nice to be proven wrong every once in a while.

Go Big Orange!

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Congrats to him and the whole team.

3. volsforever27

volsforever27 Member

Like most, I still have doubts about Martin, but I'm still thrilled. They finally started running the offense through the bigs.

Michigan is a different animal, though.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I like Cuonzo as a man like most of us here. Coaching questions aside, he's getting the job done when it counts. Congrats to him and his team. I'm happy for him.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

They look like they are enjoying the moment. Really glad to see.

Welcome to the Cuonzone indeed.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What can I say? I was already looking for another coach at the end of January. I love being wrong.

GBO

7. volsforever27

volsforever27 Member

I told my wife that it's just nice to have something to be happy about (related to UT sports). They are playing with a passion. And Richardson... that man has been eating his Wheaties or something.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm enjoying the ride. Will ask questions later, been too long since I've gotten one of these from UT.

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Listen. I get the fact that he's underachieved, that we've been fortunate, and that this comes as a surprise to mostly everybody. But I've always had the feeling that fully healthy, this was a team built for tournament time. We can doa lot worse than Martin, and that most likely means we will.

10. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Really nice to see CCM and the team enjoying success, as they should.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Congrats to him and the team.

It is what it is, and sometimes it is damn good.

12. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Like Briscoe Darling always says..."Jump in where ya can and hang on!"

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep.
    We've been critical and for good reason.
    But right now he deserves the praise along with the rest of the staff and players.

Martin is easy to pull for personally I hope he's able to keep going forward with the results.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Give credit where it's due. Sweet sixteen baby.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nothing to complain about at the moment. He's doing what he needs to do. Let's hope he can keep it rolling.

16. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Agree 100%. Making this run doesn't change the past but it sure is fun.

17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I guess I am confused. Why is the national media criticizing Vol fans for holding their coach accountable? Aren't all coaches in major sports at major universities held accountable? Wouldn't Coach Martin agree that his team underperformed earlier this year? And haven't the players said they are playing harder for Coach Martin because of the criticism? Why should it take this kind of criticism and why would a coach be so offended?

I am thrilled with the team's performance as of late! But I do hope that in the next game the announcers drop the comments about real Vol fans. All of us suffer when we lose and all of us celebrate when we win! Let's just talk basketball and let's just play basketball!

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How the **** do you suffer from a basketball game?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do too. I hope this is the new norm for Martin and he's here a long time.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well I have a hard time seeing that unless he starts recruiting at a higher level. A much higher level. Otherwise LSU, arkansas, USCjr, Auburn and UGA, Missouri will pass us up.