Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Boys team won 34 0 tonight. They are legitimately good.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Fairview HS shut down for 2 weeks due to CV and quarantines. Supposed to play Sycamore, who decided to not reschedule and taking a W instead, their first in years

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Sigh. Little league drama. Crazy woman wants to be on the board. Theoretically we can say she was past the deadline to get on the ballot for the board. There was no official deadline given, but the email with the list of nominees already went out, but because of covid it's no big deal to put her on the ballot. She'll probably throw a shit fit if we screw her out of being on the ballot. strangely she got enough votes to be on the board a couple of years ago and was a huge pain.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Little league sounds like a damn disaster.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It’s crazy how nuts people can get myself included

6. CardinalVol

I've determined football is way more fun. Gonna stay on the LL board to do the books, but tell them not to expect much more than that out of me for the remainder of my time.

7. Ssmiff

son with 3 goals and 4 assists in lacrosse fall ball. Having a blast. Has a chance to be a good player

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ravenwood v brentwood tonight. Not as much skill as has been, but ravenwood with clemson commit TE and michigan commit LB colson. Brentwood qb with d1 offers in football and baseball. UT commit Walker merril out again. Missed his 2 biggest games of sr year so far. BA and ravenwood neighborhjod battle

9. CardinalVol

Hell is 7 and 8 year old cheerleaders cheering for eternity.

10. CardinalVol

So we had to kick a coach out of tee ball because half his teams parents said they'd not get back on the field with him as coach and one parent threatened to call DCS about the way he treated his own kid.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Jesus.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

What was he doing, allegedly?

13. CardinalVol

Grabbing him, screaming at him, and making the kid cry multiple times. And not just screaming, berating and such.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Awkward. I don't know how to navigate what is acceptable and what is not. I don't even want to swat a child of mine, but I grew up with even blows to the face and head on rare occasion.

15. CardinalVol

I didn't see it. I have watched the guy in action and he is a [Penis].

Big difference in punishment for bad behavior and a 6 year old screwing up in baseball too.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some don't see any difference, just failing to meet objectives or expectations.

CardinalVol likes this.
  17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Coach of the year here took my undefeated 9-12 baseball team and lost 3-2 and my undefeated 9u girls soccer team and got curb stomped 3-0. If they paid me anything, I would give it back.

Cotton jr., Who is 10, got his first live action in the mound today. First batter, a 12 yo who i estimate is 6'9" 265#, put a 3-2 pitch in the parking lot about a hundred feet behind the center field fence, so my kid has that story to tell for the rest of his life. Rebounded to strike out the side, though, so I was proud of him.

NYY and CardinalVol like this.
  18. Ssmiff

I spoke with a ravenwood asst coach for awhile this morn. They have IMG coming in but dont have the overall talent to try to compete. Surprisingly, wmsn cnty public schools dont have a lot of beef on the lines. They will get mauled. Rwood lb colson is 6'3 230 but not much else around him.
    Coach did say they have 2 kids from Cali, one a rransfer from mater dei, and another from somewhere who are good players but ineligle right now. Ravenwood is getting a little bit of s national rep, especially for a public school. But hell California family sells their 1500 sq foot place for 1 million, moves into a 3500 sq ft place here with a yard for 500k and doesnt have to spend the money on private school. No brainer to move

19. CardinalVol

Scary injury last night at my son's game. Player from opposing team had to be taken off in an ambulance with 1:53 left in the game. Thankfully he's regained all feeling and it's "only" a broken pelvis. Just got wrapped up by a couple of kids and went down wrong. He didn't move for a good 15 minutes though and it was very scary.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

broken pelvis at his age. ouch.