Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he catches with it well. it doesnt' look that big to me. definitely smaller than the one he used his first year of kid pitch. i guess i should measure it to make sure it's really 31.5.

i will definitely try that. thanks for the tip.

NYY likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Lost 11-10 in OT v Father Ryan. Most fun watching a game of any kind for me the last few years. FR has a 6'2 8th grader already getting letters who scored 6 in the first half. They put my 5'4 son on him 2nd half and he shut him down. Never seen a kid more exhausted after a game. Bet he ran 6 or 7 miles

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

How many LAX teams are there around Nashville?

Am I dreaming or isn't TSSAA sanctioning it soon?

4. Ssmiff

Not sure exactly. Hville, Gallatin and murf have programs now. All the wmsn schools and most private.
    Was supposed to be tssaa approved last year but ADs denied it over concerns of smaller schools losing baseball and track teams. So fun though. Like a basketball game with 80% fast breaks. Probably 50 shots per team last night

fl0at_ likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Man mba was tall, fast and loaded. No chance. Half the team had to be 15 already. Son matched up on a kid a helmet taller all day. You can see his gold helmet. And took to flight about 5 yards out of bounds on one play. Just saw feet in the air. Hard not to laugh.

Attached Files:

6. CardinalVol

Bball coach from back home goes 19-8, decent chance to get to the Boro next year, and gets fired.

Why you ask? Main rumor is because the Director's grandson didn't get enough PT.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That won't come back to bite that director in the ass at all. Not one bit. Nope, not at all.

8. CardinalVol

Crap like this has been going on for 50+ years there. No need to think it's going to change now.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Doubtful unless it pisses off enough board members.

Directors aren't elected by the public. School board controls hiring and firing of directors, even though you're hearing more and more people wanting it to go back to a public vote.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

tryouts this weekend for baseball. it's been a long road in california for this. exciting stuff.

11. Ssmiff

4-0 in league play. 2 games this week then to Memphis for a tourney. Having fun sitting and watching. I will say compared to previous experiences with other sports at this age, thr parents are pretty quiet and the refs won't hesitate to throw a flag on a coach.
    Little pass to X, cut, catch and finish action in a recent win. Like in most team sports, d turns their head, cut hard.

Attached Files:

CardinalVol likes this.
  12. CardinalVol

2 hit, 4 rbi game and a helluva catch in center tonight to start the season. Will take that every game from now until the end of time. Best game he's ever played and not a close second.

Ssmiff likes this.
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Just got a late add on my team a kid that every manager has told me has parents that are impossible and I absolutely would not have drafted

14. Ssmiff

17-6 win over Page last night. Son hasn't scored in last 2 games but has 11 assists and no turnovers. He's just as happy being a setup man. But selfishly I wish he would be a little more selfish.

CardinalVol likes this.
  15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Cayson.jpg

droski and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Son started first game on mound last night.

17. CardinalVol

How'd it go?

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Went really well. Threw three innings and struck out 11. Has to be a world record.

CardinalVol likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

God blessed dropped 3rd strike in 12U ball.

NYY likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]