Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's got good mechanics. And there are automatic pitch count/days rest rules. He can't throw again until Wednesday.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He probably wants you to pull the trigger.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Welp, our buddy and good rb on 9th grade team broke his fibula in hia first carry of the game which was a td. Defender slung around and landed on his leg. He's now played 3 games in 2 years. Time to hang it up for track imo, where he will be D1.
    Clayton Merrill, walkers little bro moved up to jv. Kid looks the part. Think he may be older or on good supplements. Don't see many goatees on 9th graders.

4. CardinalVol

I'm praying for rain in Williamsport PA on Saturday or Sunday so we can see the Weir kid throw one more time.

5. CardinalVol

That was fun.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

@LaneTrain So the President of our little league is stepping down and I think I’m going to do it. How stupid am I?

7. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

droski likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait, that's not a joke?

Oh, um......yeah, definitely do it. Will be easy. Definitely.

droski likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

340 yards on the ground is a pretty good night.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Only other person who will do it will be a disaster. Won’t listen to anyone and doesn’t know shit. The current guy does whatever he wants and doesn’t listen, but at least knows baseball so I end up agreeing with him 90 percent. I honestly think my only two options are resign from the board and let the league burn or be President. At this point I’m 50/50. Sounded better last night with a bottle of wine in me.

11. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

droski likes this.
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

How did a foreign object up your ass make this sound like a good idea?

droski likes this.
  13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If you do it, you need to live tweet the entire experience until you kill yourself.

droski, CardinalVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. CardinalVol

Yup, you're going to do it and get beaten to a bloody pulp by a former MMA guy. And this is going to be awesome.

justingroves, droski and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. NorrisAlan

I forgot all about MMA Dad.

Live tweeting isn't good enough, live Twitch stream is now mandatory.

CardinalVol likes this.
  16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he pulled his kid. wife was a nut and thought we were out to get her kid. she wanted him to play up even though the kid sucked and then told her team that we weren't giving them field time because they were too good. the first time i mercied their team was enjoyable.

17. CardinalVol

Those are the best moms.

justingroves likes this.
  18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one of the best kids in my division mom loves coming into the dugout and making him cry. i was the field ump for the championship game. kid just threw 4 scoreless innings. he goes up to bat and strikes out and she comes into the dugout to scream at the kid. i told her to get the hell of the dugout and not return. she apparently did that during an all star game too.

19. CardinalVol

We had a mom go into the opposing team's dugout and chew out the coach because he intentionally walked her son in the league semifinals.

Wasn't his fault the coach "protected" him by batting a guy that struck out 8 out of every 10 at bats on the season.

droski likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

I am pretty sure I would spend a few nights in jail if I was a coach in these leagues where the parents are completely insane. Especially parents yelling at their own kid.