Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. CardinalVol

Running the ball down your opponents throat and sucking their soul out of them has a therapeutic quality to it.

justingroves likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Brentwood and Franklin are not good this year. A lot smaller for some reason and odd coaching.
    Brentwood new coach didn't do us any favors vs Summit. Down 13, plenty of time in beginning of 4th quarter, Brentwood passes it to the one. They pull the qb off for the safety to come in and run wildcat. I dont like the move in the first place. Stopped twice on same telegraphed play. 3rd and one, we throw a jump pass from wildcat that may be one of the worst plays and passes I've ever seen in the sport. Caught by an lb that was just standing on the goalline.
    Game over with 10 minutes left. 2 twins committed to KY are the biggest and fastest guys on the field. Doesnt say much though this year for some wmsn HS teams as I'm not seeing D1 talent. Even BA losing to CPA and Briarcrest. There seems to be a little shift change in the cycle around here.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Those two can play….Also saw the Indy TE has already committed to Ohio State. He’s a beast.

5. Ssmiff

Indy has had some talent. A lot of the area just west of downtown Franklin in all those new neighborhoods is zoned for Indy. Tons of families not originally from Nashville and New transplants. I believe former Titan Kevin Dyson may be AD there or even Principal

6. CardinalVol

So the team we played tonight was already really bad and had 6 of their players out due to contact tracing. They had 13 there and had to have a coach help line them up on the field. Only time I've ever legitimately felt sorry for the other team in the middle of a game.

7. Ssmiff

Ordered the new HS helmet. New pads in the way too. There is evidently a rare issue with lacrosse where a 80 mph shot it taken in the chest and the pads weren't enough protection, so now the chest pads have an Ironman type protector over the sternum.
    Helmet is pretty cool.

Attached Files:

8. Ssmiff

Lipscomb Academy beats Pulaski out of Ark by 40. Averaging 65 pts a game thru 3 games

9. CardinalVol

Maryville and Alcoa was a great second half. Buckles for Alcoa is a great qb. They should be thankful he got beat out at catholic.

10. CardinalVol

Few things I enjoy more than a bitter parent because the coach called her and her son out on their BS.

11. Ssmiff

Brentwood is not good this year. Parsons for Ravenwood who is an FSU commit is pretty good. Brentwood D sucks though. Ravenwood defense won't win them much this year.
    All that said,-Brentwood coach left this year to be DC at CBHS. Family in memphis or something and his mom had died. His asst is now the coach and this dude makes Pruitt look like Peterson. Jump pass from the 2 for an int last game. 3rd and 9 wildcat which lead to a missed 35 yard fg. And just had the ball with 40 seconds left on Ravenwood 40 with 2 timeouts and ended the half at the 13 with 2 timeouts left.
    I'm on a text thread with some of the dads and they are not pleased. Usually men of few words.
    Merrills brother Clayton is a freshman and has 3 or 4 catches. Another good athlete and good hands.

12. Ssmiff

Pretty good catch last night. 15 yard taunting penalty led to a 2 pt conversion from 18 yards away, and a great off tackle run for 7 yards, 11 yards from the goalline. Coaching

13. Ssmiff

Pick up son from 1st HS lacrosse practice. Says it was fun. Tells me who's out there. 2 kids just committed to play college and he said one is nasty 6'4 4.5 kid.
    Tells me he may not play much even on JV this year because there are 25+ sophomores. I asked how he felt about that and he said "it's ok. I need to get better and stronger." We are both highly competitive and I liked that. Gets out of the car, limps in and toenail is half ripped off and bloodied up. Didnt stop a drill or tell anybody. Doesn't know how it happened.
    Hoping that toughness shows out to the coaches and he's able to earn some PT. Deep program this year

Attached Files:

CardinalVol likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

Confession time - was watching the game from earlier this year against the team we play tomorrow night and realized I called a toss to the short side of the field.

This is my lowest moment as a coach so far.

15. CardinalVol

White threw a flag for illegal participation on a kickoff last night...................on a kid that was on the sideline..............................on crutches.

Thankfully side judge asked him what in the world he was doing.

16. Ssmiff

my freshman is now 5'8, 115. Lifts 3 days a week but can't put on any weight. Size 26/32 pants and getting pummeled at HS lacrosse practice. Proteing shakes, pizza, ice cream, meat, etc does nothing.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was 120 lbs as a freshman and graduated at 190 lbs. Tell him to just keep eating and lifting.

chavisut likes this.
  18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Drink a gallon of whole milk a day.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

GOMAD or go home bro.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you lift heavy while doing it you get some crazy gains too

chavisut likes this.