Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Down goes mba at their place 7-6. Great win for these kids.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They are having a jamboree/time trial tomorrow evening. Boy is running 800 and 1600. I'm strangely looking forward to this.

3. Ssmiff

Thinking about 1600 makes me wanna puke

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My 7 year old had his best night ever as a baseball player. Two doubles and he caught two fly balls in centerfield.

He didn't care, he was pissed the ump missed an obvious out at first. That's what he took away from the game

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

droski, justingroves and Poppa T like this.
  6. Ssmiff

Early in season with big games at Father Ryan tonight and vs Mccallie tomorrow, but 2nd in state right now and 30th nationally. Battle vs Ravenwood for region and state title should be a good one.

Attached Files:

justingroves likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He had tears in his eyes and balled up fists. It wasn't sad crying, it was pure anger

8. Ssmiff

Quite the competition in the rankings. Big game v Ravenwood Wednesday that will probably cancel due to weather. McCallie was snowed out 2 weeks ago. Only loss this year so far to #1 team in Indiana called Cathedral. They had golden domes like ND. And they had 5 players as good as our best

Attached Files:

9. Ssmiff

Down goes #1 and the battle of the Woods trophy stays with Brentwood for first time in 5 years. Very fun to watch.

Attached Files:

10. Ssmiff

This was pretty cool seeing the support and respect from football and hockey players. Few of their teammates play.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

great debate in the comments whether he made the right call which is kind of beside the point. doesn't look like the catcher was in proper position to me.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

"Released from the hospital and is at home recovering"

lmao

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah i don't quite see why an ambulance had to be called

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

lawsuit

droski likes this.
  15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Parents/coaches have been abusing umps/refs since I was a kid. Verbally, mentally and physically.

"You" handled it locally. This "volunteer coach" would be banned and this "volunteer ump" would be told to quit acting like a [ussy pay].

Social media "broadcasts" are the bane of us all. Good and bad. Jmo.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we've had multiple parents posting gamecam videos about bad calls on social media. one actually emailed the president with it. didn't go over well. president has instructed the umpires to throw out any non manager arguing a call. amazing how quickly this shit stops if you throw out one coach.

Poppa T and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

In my lifetime, I have noticed that parents that [itch bay]/complain the most are the ones that volunteer the least.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

100%. It also seems to be worse for the younger kids too. 90% of our issues are always with the 8 and 9 year old teams.

Poppa T likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We try to get in the games if it all possible at LL.

Saturday, initially, it looked like it might be possible to play starting around noon, so the guy over it backed the games up 2 hours. Lord have mercy you'd have thought he'd changed the name of the league to the Hitler baseball league to a few parents. I called one out specifically that was complaining and will be personally sending her an official invite to join the board next year.

droski and Poppa T like this.
  20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

As an 8/9 year old trying to win a spot on a team or win a game, I would be mortified if my parents had done what some do today.