Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

You may disagree with an umps strike zone, but as a player you learned real quick to adapt to it.

Coach might make his displeasure known to ump, but would come back to dugout and say, "OK boys, this ump is calling them low, you need to swing."

And if our parents were too vocal about it, we'd say, "Hey Tommy, tell your dad to shut up. He is just making it harder for us."

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

HITler Little League: Nein Innings of Fun
    HITler Little League: Give him the gas
    HITler Little League: Best camps in the country

A-Smith likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

[​IMG]

justingroves likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bad baseball parents are the worst imo. In lacrosse, there is a game admin. If fans yell at refs or other team excessively, admin will walk over with one warning. 2nd time you are told to leave and there is 1 armed security guard at every game. It sure does make for a more enjoyable experience. Wish hoops and baseball would do the same.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah, I just don't get why people (parents) in the stands actually think being azzholes is gonna help little Johnny's performance.

It seems they think it is all about them and not just enjoying the kid's play.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is called vicarious living. It isn't about Johnny at that point, the umps have hurt THEM.

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Well, they're [uck fay]ing idiots.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Too soon. Napoleon jokes are ok. Can't even do Lincoln yet.

9. NorrisAlan

One of the greatest jokes I've seen lately is a commercial for some show where all these people including Lincoln, are watching some horrible one man play and he says "This is the worst theater experience I have ever had."

Pure comedy gold

A-Smith likes this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

it was funny. I was raised on Civil War stuff. Ken Burns and Bruce Catton and going to battlefields. My dad gets mad talking about how he got assassinated. He won’t even say the name John Wilkes Booth

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Not quit the right thread but I thought you guys might appreciate this....

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think that was within reason

13. Ssmiff

How it started and ended. Is that the saying? Been a fun year and son started to juke a lot more

Attached Files:

14. CardinalVol

Carpetbagger moves to town. He wants to be on LL board and seemed fired up and we'll always take help so we vote him on. Carperbagger turns out to be a know it all yankee who thinks he's the only one who knows how to do stuff. That went over about as well as you think, and our league president DGAF and she quickly told him in a polite way to f himself. Crickets from him on the baseball front.

So yesterday I get an email forwarded to me that Carpetbagegr sent to the the head of our football league accusing our programs teams of cheating (we aren't) and that we get to do whatever we want. And he also CC's a bunch of local elected officials on it. Same "I'm smarter than all of you tone" to it. Apparently he's running another team's program now and hasn't so much as read the rules and accused us of cheating and other stuff.

Ironically, we've never approved the coaches for his teams. And it has to be unanimous. And I'm very less than inclined to approve them until he straightens his story out.

droski likes this.
  15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you guys aren’t well into the season?

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Someday I’ll teach this team they can score runs in early innings and not just when we are down 7. We are really good at coming back, but the liquor cabinet is running on empty.

CardinalVol and VolDad like this.
  17. CardinalVol

This is football now, not baseball. He's already backed down from baseball.

droski likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

ended the season 10-2 with wins over Lex Catholic, Henry Clay, MBA, Baylor and Ravenwood. Lost twice to Franklin who plays jrs on jv. Really fun year and son started playing pretty well and often. 9 players at his position and he is only freshman, so we didn't know what to expect but he moved to 2nd line. Kindof like hockey with 3/3/3 middies as they run so much. Varsity sitting in top 3 in state behind McCallie and Ravenwood, even though we beat RW head to head. Playoffs coming. Should be either us or Ravenwood in state title game if teams play as they should. Over 100 shots combined Wed night vs Franklin. Back and forth action non stop.

19. CardinalVol

Umped again last night.

9 and 10 year old kid pitch is the most miserable sport on the planet when neither team has a kid that can throw strikes.

20. NorrisAlan

This would become my strike zone in games like that:

[​IMG]