Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so they replay the game or is it a forfeit?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Number of pitches would be easy to count on game film. Would be a forfeit if rules broken I assume.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And they have it. And TSSAA won't do anything about it.

4. CardinalVol

C, none of the above.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wat?

6. CardinalVol

You read that correctly.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I imagine that's going over well

8. CardinalVol

It's standard TSSAA. "Both coaches signed the form saying he threw 105 pitches."

You really think the losing coach was thinking about that when he signed it?

justingroves likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

TSSAA, making the NCAA look competent.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah it's hardly the first thing you are concerned about after a game

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

would love to know what the game situation was. . . but obviously completely out of line.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Why tf was he trying to get the kid to run in the first place?

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i can think of some situations that can happen in little league games
    1. he had hit through the order and the kid getting out didn't matter so might as well try for a fielding error and extra run
    2. he wanted the kid to get out so he had the top of the order for the next inning (stupid but people do do this)
    3. he knew the batter was an automatic out and it was the end of the game and he thought going home was the higher probability play

14. Ssmiff

yeah my son wouldn’t play for that dude and we would have a problem if I saw that and wasn’t a parent. He doesn’t need to be coaching kids, treating tball like a roid head football coach.

15. Ssmiff

…and he may have a nervous kid, no idea why, at 3rd or one who has developmental issues and is overwhelmed at the situation and being yelled at.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah it's not an effective way to make a nervous kid do what you want. that being said i wouldnt' want video on me when a kid is holding the ball in the outfield and runners are running and i'm screaming "throw the ball!!!" i'm not at that level of screaming though.

justingroves likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

I've seen 8u tournaments better ran the state softball tournament. What a joke.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahaha, I'm pretty loud with a lot of the kids I coach. I try to always yell great job as loud as I yell "hurry up" though.

I flipped my shit on an umpire last Saturday, it's the first time I've done that.

Runner on first, 2nd baseman made a damn good diving stop behind 2nd base, bobbled the ball but slapped the bag with his glove, while the ball was in there. He took the ball out and held it up to show he stopped it.

Ump said safe, I came from the outfield yelling. It was his 3rd wrong call with 2 outs that game.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wrong calls i can live with. just don't make the game about yourself. i just had a guy who called something that should never have been called and it was clearly a "let me show you i know the rules" and "i want all eyes on me" situation. that was in my one kid's championship game. he's umpiring the game tonight in my other kid's championship game. if he does that same shit again i'm going to lose my mind

20. Ssmiff

I’m sure we’ve all had moments but not like that 3B coach on the video. His yelling didn’t do anything except make the kid freeze and make himself look like a fool