Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Uses signs..
    Dumbass

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

feel borderline evil at times with images I see, which just included NYY 151 yards away from kids, allowed to coach anyway for his skills, but gets in trouble for sexually suggestive signs

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Coaching from outside the fence.
    Not bad, but BP is a real [itch bay] from that distance.

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Does your rec league have the collection of rowdy drunken redneck mothers like mine did back in the day?

6. Ssmiff

Head to spring break 5-0 and outscored opponents 86-14. We need to play somebody and will with MBA, Baylor and Ravenwood coming up. Afraid we aren’t learning much. 20-0 vs Oakland tonight and played 3rd and 4th string and even deeper entire 2nd half. Some kids never get to play and may not the rest of the year so it’s hard to tell them to not shoot.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

3 of my first 5 little league games got rained out. At least we have low taxes in Los Angeles

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

10. Ssmiff

Here we go. First of me or sons on a #1 ranked team.

Attached Files:

11. Ssmiff

#48 in the nation as of today.

Attached Files:

InVolNerable and CardinalVol like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Action shot in mop up duty

Attached Files:

13. Ssmiff

This is just sick. Funnest kids sport live to watch for me once I learned the game. Constant attacking and athleticism. This kid is only a freshman, runs a 4.55 and will play high level college.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

AE's tennis team is called the Racket Runners. Anyone want to go in with me to sponsor so they will print tee shirts with this on them?

15. Ssmiff

Big day today at MBA. Haven’t beaten them ever. We are only undefeated team in state, #1 and 55 in US. There will be 350k of tuition and training on the field for them at games start, and they really don’t want a public school coming into their house for a W. Should be a dozen or so college players on the field and very physical.

ole_orange likes this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hope the Wilco team handles their business. Always was a blast growing up no matter the sport being played anytime you and the fellas ever waltzed onto Montgomery Bell Academy’s fancy lil campus only to open up a can of whoop ass onto those private school sissies.

17. Ssmiff

We had em. Quality depth took over. They got a 6’2 190 wr from football we couldn’t hang with in 4th.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sucks to hear. Are the Wilco public schools like bwood/rwood still separated from the private school powerhouses for state title purposes within LAX like it was a decade ago, or are they all lumped in now? Saw somewhere recently that LAX is officially dropping the club status and is becoming an official TSSAA sport fairly soon assuming the sport is not one already.

19. Ssmiff

yes and yes. We are still #1 public. And yes TSSAA takes over in 2025.
    Really is a big difference in training. We have limited field time and have to play some games at the park. Our kids can’t use school weight room. MBA has a multimillion dollar weight room right by the lacrosse facility. Those kids can lift and shoot anytime. We can only practice and shoot on a schedule. We are good but that training paid off for them late. Plus 2 kids going to play college football were hard to stop as our legs went.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

MBA being just a little more bigger and faster…man, the more things change the more they stay the same. Back in my HS playing era we got our licks in against that school during baseball season. However anytime we played them in football it never went well for us. They had dudes like Tiny freaking Richardson anchoring their lines. Whereas we simply did not.

As far as LAX, it’s definitely about time probably at this point they go TSSAA. There’s no denying the widespread popularity and participation of young kids. One of my hometown childhood best friends is a coach for the Crawdad middle school youth program in Nolensville. He always keeps me plugged in on the growth of Tennessee lax.